As is Foden.
Mellsblue

Re: Exeter vs Saints

Post by Mellsblue »

What a try that is.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Second try nicer than the first, backs and forwards combining nicely - reminiscent of the first half of last season. Paul Hill having a stormer at the breakdown.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Saints 2nd try was a beaut. Encouraging to see Foden looking so sharp and taking repeatedly good options.

Exe seem a bit flat, handling errors are killing them. They'be been very untidy.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

That pass is why Slade should be waltzing straight in to the match day squad come Australia
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Renniks wrote:That pass is why Slade should be waltzing straight in to the match day squad come Australia
He's got something hasn't he.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

Yeah, not quite sure about that attempt at a pass though ;)
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

A good win.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Renniks wrote:Yeah, not quite sure about that attempt at a pass though ;)
I think he realised the Messiah status may be too much if he rounded Foden and scored/created that try, probably securing MOTM in the process.

That's my theory.
Last edited by Mikey Brown on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Renniks wrote:Yeah, not quite sure about that attempt at a pass though ;)
I think he realised the Messiah status may be too much if he rounded Foden and scored that try, probably securing MOTM in the process.

That's my theory.
My theory is that he's better than most backs while incredibly rusty… which is a great situation for both Exeter and England
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Interesting that the commentators were saying that he sees 12 as his favourite/long term position.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

Mellsblue wrote:Interesting that the commentators were saying that he sees 12 as his favourite/long term position.
Good thing they haven't got another 12 coming to Exeter next season, oh, wait.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Renniks wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:Interesting that the commentators were saying that he sees 12 as his favourite/long term position.
Yeah, I still don't quite understand that. We'd preferably have Slade, Devoto and Hill all getting decent game time, ideally with at least 2 of them at 12.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Renniks wrote:
Yeah, I still don't quite understand that. We'd preferably have Slade, Devoto and Hill all getting decent game time, ideally with at least 2 of them at 12.
I think Slade could play 10/13 for club and still play 12 for country. Not ideal but.....
I think they'll play all 3 in the 12 & 13 shirt (not at the same time, obvs) with them chopping and changing between IC and OC during the match. I believe Slade and Hill already do this. Slade will probably then move to 10 when Steenson leaves.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:
Renniks wrote:
I think Slade could play 10/13 for club and still play 12 for country. Not ideal but.....
I think they'll play all 3 in the 12 & 13 shirt (not at the same time, obvs) with them chopping and changing between IC and OC during the match. I believe Slade and Hill already do this. Slade will probably then move to 10 when Steenson leaves.
Campagnaro is not a player you'd easily leave out, assuming he is at chiefs next season. I think Slade will be at 10 more often than not. Very good progress in comeback even if a bit rusty.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

fivepointer wrote:Saints 2nd try was a beaut. Encouraging to see Foden looking so sharp and taking repeatedly good options.

Exe seem a bit flat, handling errors are killing them. They'be been very untidy.
Foden ironically looks a much more rounded full back than when he was starting for England. Unfortunately I think the ship has sailed for him....be a good guy to take to Oz as Mikey and others need a rest in RWC season.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Mikey Brown wrote:
Campagnaro is not a player you'd easily leave out, assuming he is at chiefs next season. I think Slade will be at 10 more often than not. Very good progress in comeback even if a bit rusty.
I'd forgotten about Campagnaro. It is starting to look very crowded. With that in mind I'd guess:
10 - Slade & Steenson
12 - Hill & Devoto
13 - Slade & Campagnaro

It'll be interesting if Jones uses EPS privileges and demands Slade plays IC.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
I'd forgotten about Campagnaro. It is starting to look very crowded. With that in mind I'd guess:
10 - Slade & Steenson
12 - Hill & Devoto
13 - Slade & Campagnaro

It'll be interesting if Jones uses EPS privileges and demands Slade plays IC.
personally I think Slade should play 10 tbh