Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: Team v France

Post by Banquo »

Spiffy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Epaminondas Pules wrote:

He's got hands of clay and been retired for years!!! :D
Really liked his comments- pretty sharp and incisive. Pretty much the opposite of how he played!
Fair enough. But I thought his comments no more than commonsense - the kind of bleedin' obvious thing that most of us posters here see for ourselves when watching a game. Not particularly insightful if you are a semi-knowledgeable rugby fan to begin with. I'd put him in the same categorey as Dallaglio - dull, with a grating delivery that is rather boring to listen to. But then - I'd say the same thing about Jonathan Davies, Scot Hastings, Dewi Morris, Andy Nichol and several others.
I thought he brought some decent insight, especially on the back three 'dynamics' (pulley system), calling out how Nowell had been left hanging by Faz, and other observations that may seem minor but were the sort of pointed call out you dont often hear. Not 'numbers, numbers', or 'Scotland were really unlucky there'....each to their own. I also like Dayglo's punditry, so there you go.
thedman

Re: Team v France

Post by thedman »

Banquo wrote:
Spiffy wrote:
Banquo wrote: Really liked his comments- pretty sharp and incisive. Pretty much the opposite of how he played!
Fair enough. But I thought his comments no more than commonsense - the kind of bleedin' obvious thing that most of us posters here see for ourselves when watching a game. Not particularly insightful if you are a semi-knowledgeable rugby fan to begin with. I'd put him in the same categorey as Dallaglio - dull, with a grating delivery that is rather boring to listen to. But then - I'd say the same thing about Jonathan Davies, Scot Hastings, Dewi Morris, Andy Nichol and several others.
I thought he brought some decent insight, especially on the back three 'dynamics' (pulley system), calling out how Nowell had been left hanging by Faz, and other observations that may seem minor but were the sort of pointed call out you dont often hear. Not 'numbers, numbers', or 'Scotland were really unlucky there'....each to their own. I also like Dayglo's punditry, so there you go.
I also enjoyed his contributions. I thought he offered more insight and nuance than some of the other analysts do. He'd also surprised me with this when he was in the studio a few weeks ago.