Black and Ambers are going to Wembley!

WaspInWales

Black and Ambers are going to Wembley!

Post by WaspInWales »

What a result for Newport. Showed a lot of spirit, and outplayed Spurs for periods in the first half. They could've had a couple of goals by half time. Not sure who it was but one of their players was tee'd up a treat just outside the 6 yard area with just the keeper to beat and he somehow managed to fire over and wide. What a chance.

Spurs were dreadful though, even after taking control. They started slowly, kept losing the ball or giving it away and there was no hint of their attacking prowess.

Why can't they play like that in the premier league???

I expect Spurs will win the replay with ease, but the Exiles will still have a chance of causing another shock, but at the very least, they will have a nice pay day and deserve every penny.
WaspInWales

Re: Black and Ambers are going to Wembley!

Post by WaspInWales »

WaspInWales wrote:What a result for Newport. Showed a lot of spirit, and outplayed Spurs for periods in the first half. They could've had a couple of goals by half time. Not sure who it was but one of their players was tee'd up a treat just outside the 6 yard area with just the keeper to beat and he somehow managed to fire over and wide. What a chance.

Spurs were dreadful though, even after taking control. They started slowly, kept losing the ball or giving it away and there was no hint of their attacking prowess.

Why can't they play like that in the premier league???

I expect Spurs will win the replay with ease, but the Exiles will still have a chance of causing another shock, but at the very least, they will have a nice pay day and deserve every penny.
Struggle against a league 2 side and then beat Man United with ease in their next game!

This proves Newport County are a better team than United.
Sandydragon

Re: Black and Ambers are going to Wembley!

Post by Sandydragon »

Best result for Newport (I still think of them as Newport County) for as long as I can remember.