if Northampton Saints v Wasps - Madejski Stadium
if Exeter Chiefs v Saracens - Madejski Stadium
if Exeter Chiefs v Northampton Saints - Madejski Stadium

Sunday, 24 April

SF2: if Leicester Tigers v Racing 92 - City Ground
if Stade Français Paris v Racing 92 - MMArena, Le Mans
if RC Toulon v Leicester Tigers - Allianz Riviera, Nice
if RC Toulon v Stade Français Paris - Allianz Riviera, Nice

2016 Champions Cup final: Saturday, 14 May; Grand Stade de Lyon (17.45)

Challenge Cup semi-finals - 22/23/24 April
(Exact dates and kick-off times to be announced)

SF1: if Harlequins v Grenoble - Twickenham Stoop
if Connacht Rugby v Harlequins - The Sportsground
if Connacht Rugby v London Irish - The Sportsground
if London Irish v Grenoble - Madejski Stadium

SF2: if Gloucester Rugby v Sale Sharks - Kingsholm
if Newport Gwent Dragons v Sale Sharks - Rodney Parade
if Montpellier v Gloucester Rugby - Altrad Stadium
if Montpellier v Newport Gwent Dragons - Altrad Stadium
Puja

Re: Euro Semi Final Venues

Post by Puja »

And suddenly I know for whom I'm going to be cheering in the all-French quarter final. Allez Racing!

Very weird that they've gone for the Madejski for the all-English semi. You'd've thought Twickenham would be obvious and they'd be able to get 40k with no problems. The only thing I can think is that they might consider it an unfair advantage for Sarries, but it's hardly like it makes a major travelling change going from Exeter to London as opposed to Exeter to Reading.

Puja
Backist Monk
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Racing's form has dropped off slightly. Can't understand why they've been playing Carter at 12. Toulon grind on, their squad is ridiculous. Leicester should smash Stade.

Interestingly, the French team going the best at the moment seems to be Montpellier, but they may decide to rotate for their QF and concentrate on the Top 14.
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Out of interest how is it worked out? I only ask as it seems weird that Tigers finished second overall, but would have to travel to France if we and Toulon meet.

Just read this:
Home country advantage in the last four was determined by the new Champions Cup semi-final format which recognises performances by clubs during the pool stage as well as the achievement of winning a quarter-final away from home.
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Epaminondas Pules wrote:Out of interest how is it worked out? I only ask as it seems weird that Tigers finished second overall, but would have to travel to France if we and Toulon meet.

Just read this:
Home country advantage in the last four was determined by the new Champions Cup semi-final format which recognises performances by clubs during the pool stage as well as the achievement of winning a quarter-final away from home.
Obviously winning an away QF counts more than performances in the pool stages
Eugene Wrayburn

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

Puja wrote:And suddenly I know for whom I'm going to be cheering in the all-French quarter final. Allez Racing!

Very weird that they've gone for the Madejski for the all-English semi. You'd've thought Twickenham would be obvious and they'd be able to get 40k with no problems. The only thing I can think is that they might consider it an unfair advantage for Sarries, but it's hardly like it makes a major travelling change going from Exeter to London as opposed to Exeter to Reading.

Puja
Similarly I'd have thought the Parc de Princes or Stade de France would have been the venue for an all Paris semi.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

NS. Gone but not forgotten.