Chiefs v Blues

Moderator: morepork

Lizard

Chiefs v Blues

Post by Lizard »

We haven't had many match day threads but this is worth one. Table leaders and arguable tournament favourites, Chiefs, against an improving Blues side. You have to wonder how long the Chiefs can maintain the intensity of their last two matches, before the high-speed, error-tolerant game plan comes unstuck.

I'm bussing down to the 'Tron this afternoon with Lizard Jnr. I think it will be his first home Chiefs game, although we went to a Waikato game there last year. Poor lad (he's only 3) is a bit confused because he insisted on packing all his All Blacks gear (shirt, knitted jumper, gum boots, beanie etc) as well as his Waikato jersey and cow bell.

Re: Chiefs v Blues

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

Lizard wrote:We haven't had many match day threads but this is worth one. Table leaders and arguable tournament favourites, Chiefs, against an improving Blues side. You have to wonder how long the Chiefs can maintain the intensity of their last two matches, before the high-speed, error-tolerant game plan comes unstuck.

I'm bussing down to the 'Tron this afternoon with Lizard Jnr. I think it will be his first home Chiefs game, although we went to a Waikato game there last year. Poor lad (he's only 3) is a bit confused because he insisted on packing all his All Blacks gear (shirt, knitted jumper, gum boots, beanie etc) as well as his Waikato jersey and cow bell.

No chainsaw?
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Not until he's at least 5 and can mix his own 2-stroke fuel.
Len

Post by Len »

Blues poos
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Reckon McKenzie's been reading a bit much of his own press. Still, a win's a win and it's a good wake up call going into the bye.

Post by zer0 »

Didn't watch much of the game, but this doesn't surprise me, unfortunately.

morepork

Post by morepork »

What are you? Welsh? Suck it up Parnell.
zer0

Post by zer0 »

I don't mean the incident specifically. More the TMO ballsing thing up in general, Cephalopod.
cashead

Post by cashead »

It starts to raise questions about officiating when it's been an issue, virtually on a weekly basis for a couple of seasons now.

Further, the Blues had a player binned last week after 6 penalties, at about 20-odd minutes into the game. Last night, the penalty count at the end of the first half was 9:1, against the Chiefs, including a blatant off-the-ball early tackle by Sam Cane. It was also 5 or 6 penalties in a row against the Chiefs as well. Care to guess how many warnings or cards were issued against them?
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
cashead

Post by cashead »

Haven't even mentioned this fucking bullshit in detail yet, I see. Raises further questions about the decision to appoint Nutbrown to officiate the game.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/r ... ional-foul
Last edited by cashead on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

That was a pretty bad one.