Sale V Montpelier Fri 7.45pm

Moderator: Puja

fivepointer

Sale V Montpelier Fri 7.45pm

Post by fivepointer »

Sale Sharks: Haley; Brady, James, Leota, Edwards; Cipriani, Stringer; Harrison, Taylor, Cobilas, Evans, Ostrikov, Neild, Lund (capt), Ioane.

Replacements: Briggs, Lewis-Roberts, Mujati, Mills, Seymour, Mitchell, Ford, Jennings.

Montpellier: Mogg; Nagusa, Tuitavake, Steyn, Fall; Lucas, Paillaugue; Nariashvili, B du Plessis, J du Plessis, Willemse, Privat, Ouedraogo (capt), Liebenbery, Qera.

Replacements: Watremez, Kubriashvili, Watchou, Galletier, Wright, Ebersohn, Floch.
Guwuffle

Re: Sale V Montpelier Fri 7.45pm

Post by Guwuffle »

TV coverage is on Sky Sports 3 for those like me that weren't sure where to watch.
16th man

Post by 16th man »

Sale being out muscled, and lacking real quality.

Lacey's reffing of the breakdown is awful though. His definition of coming through the middle has been ridiculously loose for the French.
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

16th man wrote:Sale being out muscled, and lacking real quality.

Lacey's reffing of the breakdown is awful though. His definition of coming through the middle has been ridiculously loose for the French.
Lacey is the King of Clown Referees, a true leader of Irish refereeing. How the man makes a living from being utterly terrible at his job is beyond me.
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Epaminondas Pules wrote:
16th man wrote:Sale being out muscled, and lacking real quality.

Lacey is the King of Clown Referees, a true leader of Irish refereeing. How the man makes a living from being utterly terrible at his job is beyond me.
This.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Lacey gave his usual low level performance. Montpelier got away with all sorts at the breakdown without punishment.

They were the better side though and will take some beating in this competition.

Sale really lost it in the 3rd quarter, when they had possession and territory but couldnt score any points. James try, nicely teed up by Cipriani who was good throughout, was a highlight. Impressed again by the workrate of young Neild.
PPJ

Post by PPJ »

Agree out muscled and lacked quality but Cips is playing really well and is better than the current England 10.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

PPJ wrote:Agree out muscled and lacked quality but Cips is playing really well and is better than the current England 10.
Agreed. His hands are better than any other English 10.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Oakboy wrote:
PPJ wrote:Agree out muscled and lacked quality but Cips is playing really well and is better than the current England 10.
Really? He's got something above Ford, Burns, Slade?
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Really? He's got something above Ford, Burns, Slade?
I think so, yes. There is a greater creative element in his attacking prowess aided by the fastest hands. If he starts a lot of games for Wasps next season I think he'll move further ahead too.

Looking ahead I can see a case for picking Farrell ahead of him (not that I ever would) in terms of physicality and grind. Should Slade get Exeter's 10 shirt regularly, his game could produce the best balance of physicality and skill, IMO. I've always rated Ford ahead of Burns but until either Bath get their game in gear or he moves away from Dad, I can't see Ford making the expected progress. Some did not think that Ford played too badly in the 6N and he can't have done really as the FH in a GS-winning team. There is something missing though in terms of front-foot game management even allowing for playing with Youngs/Care.