Your club's Player of the Season

Moderator: Puja

Bloggs

Your club's Player of the Season

Post by Bloggs »

So this weekend, the poll started to open for Quins Supporter's Player of the Season.

Who would you vote for your clubs' gong?

I went for Luke Wallace; in the awful period we've had since Conor announced he was leaving, I would say Wallace has been our main positive (along with Charlie Walker and Visser when he attacks). Is a true 7, and I feel would do a good job at test level, although I'd prefer to see Underhill there for Oz.
Stom

Re: Your club's Player of the Season

Post by Stom »

Bloggs wrote:So this weekend, the poll started to open for Quins Supporter's Player of the Season.

Who would you vote for your clubs' gong?

I went for Luke Wallace; in the awful period we've had since Conor announced he was leaving, I would say Wallace has been our main positive (along with Charlie Walker and Visser when he attacks). Is a true 7, and I feel would do a good job at test level, although I'd prefer to see Underhill there for Oz.
Wallace has had a good run, but his positioning isn't good enough for test level. Watch where we've conceded tries down the blindside from a 5-10m ruck, and see where Wallace was.

I really do not know who I would pick. There have been positives and negatives all over. There's only 1 definite: It's not Botica!
I R Geech

Post by I R Geech »

George Smith for Wasps. He has been on another planet, even in a team that has been playing very well.
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

I R Geech wrote:George Smith for Wasps. He has been on another planet, even in a team that has been playing very well.
Indeed, altho in any other season Charles Piutau would've walked it. Or maybe not actually, Wasps have had some seriously good performers this year.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Beasties wrote:
I R Geech wrote:George Smith for Wasps. He has been on another planet, even in a team that has been playing very well.
Indeed, altho in any other season Charles Piutau would've walked it. Or maybe not actually, Wasps have had some seriously good performers this year.
emerging player, Thomas Young. CP's brother is another good un.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Carlos from Accounts. He's had more woman this season than I've had hot dinners.
padprop

Post by padprop »

Slightly more left field one for wasps after the obvious Piatau and Smith would be Jake Cooper-Woolley. He has all the tools to be lions tighthead no doubt about it. Him and Paul Hill should be occupying the 3 and 18 shirt for england soon enough. The best carrying prop we have as well as averages over 10 tackles a game. Not a penalty machine like Cole and I rate his scrummaging higher.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

padprop wrote:Slightly more left field one for wasps after the obvious Piatau and Smith would be Jake Cooper-Woolley. He has all the tools to be lions tighthead no doubt about it. Him and Paul Hill should be occupying the 3 and 18 shirt for england soon enough. The best carrying prop we have as well as averages over 10 tackles a game. Not a penalty machine like Cole and I rate his scrummaging higher.
definitely a good call for most improved (at least in visibility terms)...though he was in Will Greenwood's team of the season last year!
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
padprop wrote:Slightly more left field one for wasps after the obvious Piatau and Smith would be Jake Cooper-Woolley. He has all the tools to be lions tighthead no doubt about it. Him and Paul Hill should be occupying the 3 and 18 shirt for england soon enough. The best carrying prop we have as well as averages over 10 tackles a game. Not a penalty machine like Cole and I rate his scrummaging higher.
definitely a good call for most improved (at least in visibility terms)...though he was in Will Greenwood's team of the season last year!
Stephen Jones (Sunday Times) already has him in his Lions squad.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Veainu for me. His footwork is ridiculous and he's made such an impression that the general reaction to Goneva's departure has been a shrug and a "Thanks for the good times Niki; have fun elsewhere."

Puja
Backist Monk
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:Veainu for me. His footwork is ridiculous and he's made such an impression that the general reaction to Goneva's departure has been a shrug and a "Thanks for the good times Niki; have fun elsewhere."

Puja
I was going to suggest him for Tigers, but thought it presumptuous; Betham is making a late run (ha ha) though- doing a top job whilst being shunted about. Why couldn't it be both Goneva AND Veainu though?

Still think Veainu is best at 15, but who cares if he run about like yesterday...I genuinely don't think I've seen a more deceptive runner.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mellsblue wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Stephen Jones (Sunday Times) already has him in his Lions squad.
Big- tick

...that's it really.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Cips for Sale..always sad to see class leave.
Interesting to see how AJ fares at the AJ next season.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Galfon wrote:Cips for Sale..always sad to see class leave.
That sort of signing gets my goat...
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
That sort of signing gets my goat...
You're not kidding.
CONVEX HULL

Post by CONVEX HULL »

Mordt
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

CONVEX HULL wrote:Mordt
:) :)
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

CONVEX HULL wrote:Mordt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

Hougaard mightn't have played enough to get player of the season - but he has definitely sparked something since he's been here that means we're now safely staying up…
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Would have been Josh Beaumont before his injury....but Sam James, Will Addison and Mike Haley have been outstanding. And an honorary mention for TJ, Vadim and Tommy T....
Digby

Post by Digby »

Renniks wrote:Hougaard mightn't have played enough to get player of the season - but he has definitely sparked something since he's been here that means we're now safely staying up…
Dowson has done well, I'd add DOC but he's also been a little costly. The one I've enjoyed watching everytime I've seen him this season though is Olivier, good and consistently so it would seem. I was expecting to think better things at this point of Mama but it hasn't quite happened for him.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Banquo wrote: I was going to suggest him for Tigers, but thought it presumptuous; Betham is making a late run (ha ha) though- doing a top job whilst being shunted about. Why couldn't it be both Goneva AND Veainu though?
Cause we've got Pietersen coming in as well, with Betham likely to feature more on the wing as Toomua takes space in the centres. Plus Goneva isn't the player he was a couple of years ago and has an annoying tendency to step in unnecessarily in defence and leave the wide man undefended. Veainu and Pietersen are upgrades.

Puja
Backist Monk
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Veainu has been very good and I'm delighted we've signed him on for longer, however player of the season has got to be McCaffrey. He's been outstanding all season.

On a side note Barrow has realy developed excellently as the season has gone on. He's going to be a very good player.
Gloskarlos

Post by Gloskarlos »

Kvesic by a country mile for Glaws.

Not sure there are any worthy runners up..... Hook has been ok, Thrush been decent.

Another distinctly average season all round.
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Has to be Teimana Harrison for Saints. I have wanted him to get a chance in the first team for a few seasons, and am very impressed how he has grabbed the place in the back row that opened up through injuries. I can't remember seeing someone carry with more aggression than Harrison does, he almost always makes yards and he isn't the biggest guy. Not to mention he is very good at the breakdown and a decent tackler too. Very much looking forward to Picamoles 8 Harrison 7. Just need to wait for his younger brother to break out of the academy in a year or two now to play 6!