Wales vs Scotland Match Stats

Post by UKHamlet »

If anyone's interested, here are the match stats

http://www.rugbyrebels.co/uploads/Wales ... nd_ENG.pdf
hugh_woatmeigh

Re: Wales vs Scotland Match Stats

Post by hugh_woatmeigh »

Cheers. Some thoughts on that...

Too many knock ons/errors - there were Welsh scrums all day just like English ones last week.

Tackling was poor - they struggled to deal with North and Roberts on a fair few occasions.

We lack an attacking threat outside of Hogg. I think a big part of that is Russell is not firing and Laidlaw is passing him bad ball. Fit and firing you'd expect other backs to be present on the metres made list.

Lineout was shocking today. I don't think it was Ford's fault - Wales contested it very well. Are we really that telegraphed? Or did they figure out the calls?
Sourdust

Re: Wales vs Scotland Match Stats

Post by Sourdust »

hugh_woatmeigh wrote:Cheers. Some thoughts on that...

Lineout was shocking today. I don't think it was Ford's fault - Wales contested it very well. Are we really that telegraphed? Or did they figure out the calls?
That must really hurt. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. Even when we're beating you everywhere else on the park, it's a given that the Scottish lineout will always give ours a good schooling. I'd love to believe it was dastardly cleverness on Wales' part; but let's face it, custardly leadenness is more our style...