Saracens V Wasps Sat 3pm

Moderator: Puja

Timbo

Re: Saracens V Wasps Sat 3pm

Post by Timbo »

Rhodes started the season well and has been terrific these last two weeks. But for much of the middle part of the season he was a bit pony.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

CONVEX HULL wrote:
Banquo wrote:
CONVEX HULL wrote:
I didn't see anything particularly exciting from Wasps yesterday, save for a couple of runs from Wade.
mostly cos sarries shut them down
Yes, I think Saracens were playing a game called 'rugby' in which you try to stop the opposition from scoring, but score yourself. Frustrating for the opposition supporters when you get it right.
indeed
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Eugene Wrayburn wrote:I think it would be right to acknowledge that Saracens do now play a bit more with the ball in hand, and not just when Hodgson is on the pitch. However they are pretty joyless. watching the Hurricanes v Chiefs game was fantastic. Watching Connacht at the moment is a joy. Watching Sarries? meh. It's like watching the SA side of 2007. You can admire the tactical application and individual bits of skill and acknowledge some truly excellent players. You can watch a beautifully constructed maul from time to time but that's as close as they get to lifting the heart.

each to their own, its not one style or another for me, I enjoyed both those games , though was hacked off when Woodward dropped that pass from Barrett.