Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: Farrell, Marler & McIntyre cited.

Post by Banquo »

Butch James syndrome
Puja

Post by Puja »

I agree with every word of that article. Wonder who Barnes stole it from?

Puja
Backist Monk
Bloggs

Post by Bloggs »

I seem to remember Barnes didn't think it was even a yellow on Saturday...
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Bloggs wrote:I seem to remember Barnes didn't think it was even a yellow on Saturday...
word
Digby

Post by Digby »

I don't recall Barnes saying much about Wilson being let off for gouging, so the article about Farrell seems to simply be about a higher profile player, and one he was busy fluffing at the time of the incident. Also yes Farrell could have gotten a longer ban but I can't see there's a problem if the consider both aggravating and mitigating factors, he does have a point that previous/other transgressions can be oddly overlooked (as Peat noted above also)
Digby

Post by Digby »

The hearing decisions still haven't been published, which seems more than a bit off, and frankly very lazy.

http://www.epcrugby.com/discipline/decisions
kk67

Post by kk67 »

You can make statistics say anything. You remember when we all mistakenly thought Ellis was taking cheap shots at the standing leg of the kicker..?.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Farrell has been doing this forever and i am only surprised he has not had more yellows. He comes rushing up and at times tackles like his personality,which is an agit chav. His technique is proper macho and he needs to work on it as he has improved a lot this year.
Digby

Post by Digby »

kk67 wrote:You can make statistics say anything. You remember when we all mistakenly thought Ellis was taking cheap shots at the standing leg of the kicker..?.
When did we mistakenly think that? Or am I still mistaken in thinking he was doing exactly that?