Bath's season goes from strength to strength

Moderator: Puja

Which Tyler

Bath's season goes from strength to strength

Post by Which Tyler »

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-Rug ... story.html
Mafi returns to Japan early after wiping someone else's name off the list for physio treatment to get himself seen sooner - altercation happens, and contract terminated.

But it's a happy dressing room - honest.
Mikey Brown

Re: Bath's season goes from strength to strength

Post by Mikey Brown »

Well that sounds awkward.
PPJ

Post by PPJ »

He's not the only one not happy at the club,I think you'll find most are not.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

Players need time to adapt to new cultures, but he should have known that erasing other names from a Physio's appointment schedule is up there in disciplinary terms.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Galfon wrote:Players need time to adapt to new cultures, but he should have known that erasing other names from a Physio's appointment schedule is up there in disciplinary terms.
The way I see it, he's either a phenomenal tool, or there was some kind of issue where he felt he was being mistreated by the club and discriminated against because he was leaving. Or both.

Puja
Backist Monk
Digby

Post by Digby »

It seems a bit of an old school prank (albeit this one might be rather crass and not remotely intended as a prank) that used to happen all the time, but the notion at it's simplest that players compete for medical/physio services was certainly true of recent times and I'd guess is still true today, so this is both similar to a lot of what passes as normal and a bit awkwardly different to the current accepted norms. He's done well for Bath and it was thought possible they'd have him back, but looking at who they have and who's coming in that wouldn't seem the best possible spend. Had they wanted to the club could have cited some cultural/language issues and/or he was desperate to be as fit as possible to stake a claim to come back, or they could have never discusses it in the first place, that it's out suggests they're not that fussed that so too is the player.

Might be bigger problems anyway with Devoto leaving and Eastmond wanting to given his England career looks like it'll never happen.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Digby wrote:It seems a bit of an old school prank (albeit this one might be rather crass and not remotely intended as a prank) that used to happen all the time, but the notion at it's simplest that players compete for medical/physio services was certainly true of recent times and I'd guess is still true today, so this is both similar to a lot of what passes as normal and a bit awkwardly different to the current accepted norms. He's done well for Bath and it was thought possible they'd have him back, but looking at who they have and who's coming in that wouldn't seem the best possible spend. Had they wanted to the club could have cited some cultural/language issues and/or he was desperate to be as fit as possible to stake a claim to come back, or they could have never discusses it in the first place, that it's out suggests they're not that fussed that so too is the player.

Might be bigger problems anyway with Devoto leaving and Eastmond wanting to given his England career looks like it'll never happen.
I think the answer is Faletau playing at 12.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Mikey Brown wrote:
Digby wrote:It seems a bit of an old school prank (albeit this one might be rather crass and not remotely intended as a prank) that used to happen all the time, but the notion at it's simplest that players compete for medical/physio services was certainly true of recent times and I'd guess is still true today, so this is both similar to a lot of what passes as normal and a bit awkwardly different to the current accepted norms. He's done well for Bath and it was thought possible they'd have him back, but looking at who they have and who's coming in that wouldn't seem the best possible spend. Had they wanted to the club could have cited some cultural/language issues and/or he was desperate to be as fit as possible to stake a claim to come back, or they could have never discusses it in the first place, that it's out suggests they're not that fussed that so too is the player.

I think it's Banahan unless for the sake of variety they were to raid Irish again
PPJ

Post by PPJ »

Mafi was never going to sign a full contract ,he was only offered a part time contract next year ,as the same as this year.He was never fully committed and I believed never fully liked the UK and couldn't wait to go back.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Mikey Brown wrote:

Don't tell Wazza G
Galfon

Post by Galfon »