Quins V Exeter

Moderator: Puja

fivepointer

Quins V Exeter

Post by fivepointer »

Harlequins: Brown; Yarde, Stanley, Roberts, Chisholm; Evans, Care (capt); Lambert, Ward, Collier, Merrick, Matthews, Robshaw, Clifford, Easter.

Replacements: Buchanan, Evans, Sinckler, Twomey, Luamanu, Dickson, Botica, Marchant.

Exeter: Dollman; Nowell, Slade, Hill, Short; Steenson, Chudley; Hepburn, Yeandle (capt), Williams, Lees, Welch, Ewers, Salvi, Waldrom.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Moon, Rimmer, Parling, Horstmann, Lewis, Whitten, Woodburn.
twitchy

Re: Quins V Exeter

Post by twitchy »

Top quality from nowell.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:Top quality from nowell.
always said he was brilliant :)

nice running.
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Another try.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

twitchy wrote:Another try.
all over quins in the last 10.
Harvey Quin

Post by Harvey Quin »

Men against boys. I hope Chiefs get to really stuff Salarycens.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

good stuff from Nowell...in fairness great stuff ball in hand. Lovely pass from Slade.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

hat-trick for nowell, deserves it today.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Harvey Quin wrote: Salarycens.
Haha, very good. An alarm has gone off on in Convex's house.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

quins have caved, but Chiefs handling has been great to watch. Slade's passing has been perfect all game.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Nowell motm, deservedly.

Quins battered, but fair play have kept trying. Robshaw, shoring em up.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Shame for O'Shea in his last AP game. Top bloke.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Slade was all class. Nowell top notch too, but they all played their part. Exe looking in good shape for the SF.

Terrible from Quins who will require the performance of the season to win next week. Gotta feel for O'Shea who deserved better than that.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

fivepointer wrote:Slade was all class. Nowell top notch too, but they all played their part. Exe looking in good shape for the SF.

Terrible from Quins who will require the performance of the season to win next week. Gotta feel for O'Shea who deserved better than that.
Slade's quality of passing was as good as I've seen- be fascinating to see how Jonesella works with him, and whether they'll have a try at the positional flexibility that Chiefs use. Seems that Slade always defends at o/c, but plays anywhere he wants in midfield after first phase.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Banquo wrote:
fivepointer wrote:Slade was all class. Nowell top notch too, but they all played their part. Exe looking in good shape for the SF.

Slade's quality of passing was as good as I've seen- be fascinating to see how Jonesella works with him, and whether they'll have a try at the positional flexibility that Chiefs use. Seems that Slade always defends at o/c, but plays anywhere he wants in midfield after first phase.
EJ says he sees him as a 12 and its going to be interesting to see how he incorporates him and Manu into the midfield mix. Two very different players, offering very different threats. Wouldnt surprise me if they played together in Australia. Add in JJ and Daly and we're looking at a very handy quartet.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

fivepointer wrote:
Banquo wrote:

EJ says he sees him as a 12 and its going to be interesting to see how he incorporates him and Manu into the midfield mix. Two very different players, offering very different threats. Wouldnt surprise me if they played together in Australia. Add in JJ and Daly and we're looking at a very handy quartet.
...he's also said he sees Manu as a 12, so you are right that it makes it interesting! I think he's a 10 tbh.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I don't know what to say.

Sorry Conor.

I'm just having to beleive that this is all because Slade is so good.
Harvey Quin

Post by Harvey Quin »

Why are people sorry for O'Shea? We were disorganised, disinterested, underpowered and useless. Some of that at least is down to him. He arrived after we'd lost 6-5 to one of the best teams in Europe, and he leaves after we lose 62-24.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Harvey Quin wrote:Why are people sorry for O'Shea? We were disorganised, disinterested, underpowered and useless. Some of that at least is down to him. He arrived after we'd lost 6-5 to one of the best teams in Europe, and he leaves after we lose 62-24.
there's gratitude
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

► Show Spoiler
Harvey Quin wrote:Why are people sorry for O'Shea? We were disorganised, disinterested, underpowered and useless. Some of that at least is down to him. He arrived after we'd lost 6-5 to one of the best teams in Europe, and he leaves after we lose 62-24.
I guess I hold that premiership win in too fond a memory. We seem to have slowly realigned personell wise in the team but tactically we've gone backwards and just don't have anyone that makes a real dent anymore.
Harvey Quin

Post by Harvey Quin »

It should have been the start of something. It was the end.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Now that's a pasting. And it would seem Mike Brown has properly laid into the soft culture Quins have had under COS, he may find when he gets back to training there's a player called Mike Brown who'll cite all trust is lost and want to be the first person to speak to Mike about speaking out in public.
I R Geech

Post by I R Geech »

Harvey Quin wrote:Men against boys. I hope Chiefs get to really stuff Salarycens.
How very dare you! They have to get past the mighty Wasps first. But yeah, hope so.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
fivepointer wrote:
Banquo wrote: Slade's quality of passing was as good as I've seen- be fascinating to see how Jonesella works with him, and whether they'll have a try at the positional flexibility that Chiefs use. Seems that Slade always defends at o/c, but plays anywhere he wants in midfield after first phase.
...he's also said he sees Manu as a 12, so you are right that it makes it interesting! I think he's a 10 tbh.
I think EJ has to try all the combinations as soon as possible. My suspicion is that he'd pick Tuilagi and Joseph from choice and it's hard to argue based on international experience. I'd prefer the other two because I'd always put the best hands at 12 and that is Slade by some distance. Daly just has to get a chance soon. I think he might be one who is a better international than club player.

Having said that, if I was picking a team for a one-off, must-win match tomorrow I'd pick Slade at 12 and Tuilagi at 13. Of course, it's all hot air if Tuilagi can't get fit and stay fit. A pragmatist might not count on that happening to a sufficient extent to see him as more than a bench option.
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

I think we'll see Daly used primarily as an impact sub for the foreseeable future. But that role is hugely important, and I reckon Daly has the potential to rival Beauden Barrett as the best 23 in the international game. When the game opens up Daly is lethal.

On Slade, if we're serious about getting good at multi-phase, unstructured rugby then we simply have to find a space for him. He's so good.