Bath v Leicester

Moderator: Puja

Banquo

Re: Bath v Leicester

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
PPJ wrote:Cook was dropped because of his 10 mins in the bin cost us the game at Saints,Homer showed he's nowhere near ready and from his charge down in the first minute he was struggling ,Bath man management has been awful this season and our lack of top class 9 will cost us again next year.
Do you not think Cook is up to it, either?
Talent is there, kicking a bit inconsistent, and his discipline hasn't been inconsistent so much as just not good enough. Worth carrying on with him absent of a much better alternative given age and skillset (and it would seem suitability to play 9 in this Bath team)
I like the cut of his jib, but can't quite rationalise it.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I find it very hard to judge any Bath player based on this season, it's been a mess, but Cook seems to have some skills. He can pass, for one.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote: I like the cut of his jib, but can't quite rationalise it.
Probably some surds
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Mikey Brown wrote:I find it very hard to judge any Bath player based on this season, it's been a mess, but Cook seems to have some skills. He can pass, for one.
quite. Yet p/d chooses to vent all over poor George.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Probably some surds
had to google that! Sticks and stones may break my bones, but surds will never hurt me
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Probably some surds
had to google that! Sticks and stones may break my bones, but surds will never hurt me
I had a strong flashback to rationalising the denominator in the lead up to the 11+, and paired that with I think a reasonably well known Goran Ivanisevic line about some Serbs to given the sort of everyday (attempt at) humour people have come to deride so frequently.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

It didn't seem worthy of its own thread but I found this interesting on Veianu.

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/featured ... sa-veainu/

"12 tries in 25 matches have made him a firm crowd favourite – some turnaround for a man who managed just 16 appearances in five disappointing Super Rugby years."

It really shows how much difference the right mindset/habitat makes to some players, like a reverse Tikoiratuma. He's great to watch.
iLovett

Post by iLovett »

fivepointer wrote:
Digby wrote:
fivepointer wrote:Harrison has played in 23 games but only started 11.

Point is he is easily good enough to be a Premiership starting SH week in, week out.
But where?
I suggested a trip across the midlands to Saints would be perfect in a thread a while back.

Nothing against the bloke but no thanks! :)