French U 20 in the final

tigran

French U 20 in the final

Post by tigran »

After the victory of last U 20 WC the french have beaten the favorites SA for reaching the final...
Wether they win or lose it, Something is definitely smelling better..
Banquo

Re: French U 20 in the final

Post by Banquo »

tigran wrote:After the victory of last U 20 WC the french have beaten the favorites SA for reaching the final...
what do you think to Bastareaud and Parra not getting in your RWC squad?
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Banquo wrote: what do you think to Bastareaud and Parra not getting in your RWC squad?
Personally, I'm not surprised they've been omitted.
Firstly, at scrum half, France have one of the very best in Antoine Dupont, and Baptiste Sérin and Maxim Machenaud are more than able back-up players who are very good goal kickers too.
At centre, we have Doumayrou, Fofana, Fickou and Guitoune and also Ntamack who's been selected at fly half but is equally at home in the centre.
The selection of these players is perfectly justified as they've been on top form for their clubs. As for Bastareaud, well he's off to earn some bucks in New York - and good luck to him!, so he's more or less turned his back on selection for the French XV. However, the only area where he's indisputably better than the others is snaffling turnover ball from the tackled player where he's been immense over the last few seasons.

I think the French could do well in Japan and will qualify for the QFs with England, and with their impressive U20 team, who may well win in Saturday's final, and with the appointment of Raphael Ibanez and Fabien Galthié into the coaching structure, the future is looking very bright.
tigran

Post by tigran »

Agree with François, I'm more disappointed about Parra missing, he is still capable of bringing a lot..
switchskier

Post by switchskier »

tigran wrote:After the victory of last U 20 WC the french have beaten the favorites SA for reaching the final...
Not so sure Tigs. I had the game on in the background and the French definitely dominated, but it was very much a forwards pack effort. Big age group french teams have done that before but it hasn't translated well to full internationals as the game has changed. Do you think that this lot are different?
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

The hooker is amazingly quick and powerful, one to watch for sure.
tigran

Post by tigran »

switchskier wrote:
Not so sure Tigs. I had the game on in the background and the French definitely dominated, but it was very much a forwards pack effort. Big age group french teams have done that before but it hasn't translated well to full internationals as the game has changed. Do you think that this lot are different?
yeah, it sure was a forward effort, I couldn't help but notice the difference of pace between the SA backs and the french ones, fortunately our forwards did the job.

It remains that they won the combat area, wich means they were really in it, and they showed a spirit that is what bodes well..
tigran

Post by tigran »

Well, They have done it, I was at a wedding and couldn't watch it.. any one saw it ?
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

I caught the last 20 minutes. If the Aussie kicker had kicked his goals the result may have been different. But he wasn't and France are Champs!
Bodes well for the future!
tigran

Post by tigran »

Merci FF, croisons les doigts...
Hollognois

Post by Hollognois »

Dear God, suprised to see you on this board still.
tigran

Post by tigran »

I'm not the kind to easily erase a link... even though I'm very busy, and you know what ? Mainly in Belgium..