Kurtley Beale to Wasps

Moderator: Puja

Lizard

Re: Kurtley Beale to Wasps

Post by Lizard »

I'm sure that even if he's not playing, Beale can contribute off the field with his professionalism, leadership and mentoring.
oldbackrow

Post by oldbackrow »

Lizard wrote:I'm sure that even if he's not playing, Beale can contribute off the field with his professionalism, leadership and mentoring.
Cough,cough, cough, absolutely. Perhaps he can advise/mentor the lads in the academy :o
Len

Post by Len »

oldbackrow wrote:
Lizard wrote:I'm sure that even if he's not playing, Beale can contribute off the field with his professionalism, leadership and mentoring.
Cough,cough, cough, absolutely. Perhaps he can advise/mentor the lads in the academy :o
Teach them how to beer bong like a boss.
morepork

Post by morepork »

After a few bongs, they can have some sleeping pills and paint the town red.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Peej wrote:
twitchy wrote:
Peej wrote:I wonder if there's some kind of get-out clause based on injury?
He probably already had a medical which means they are screwed. An amazing waste of money.
Except insurance will cover it, I would think, so have lost out on the player rather than money
I assume he's insured, but I don't know how the injury rules work for the cap, or rather players outside the cap.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Peej wrote:
twitchy wrote:
He probably already had a medical which means they are screwed. An amazing waste of money.
Except insurance will cover it, I would think, so have lost out on the player rather than money
I assume he's insured, but I don't know how the injury rules work for the cap, or rather players outside the cap.
His insurance isn't the issue I'd have thought (unless is a career ender), its twofold as to whether Wasps' covers this eventuality (you'd think so) and your point.
padprop

Post by padprop »

Out for 4-6 months. Season starts in 4 months don't it?
Digby

Post by Digby »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Peej wrote:
His insurance isn't the issue I'd have thought (unless is a career ender), its twofold as to whether Wasps' covers this eventuality (you'd think so) and your point.
I was thinking about him being insured by Wasps to cover their salary spend. On the cap the entire spend allowed on injury cover used to be less than Beale's salary, so they may have a problem, but it might be players outside the cap works differently, if the rumours about Le Roux are true it would seem so
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
I was thinking about him being insured by Wasps to cover their salary spend. On the cap the entire spend allowed on injury cover used to be less than Beale's salary, so they may have a problem, but it might be players outside the cap works differently, if the rumours about Le Roux are true it would seem so
gotcha, and as conjectured above. It would be a tad unfair to be penalised when you can't use the player, though it seems not quite as dire as it first appeared. Though 4-6 months still likely means up to half the season missing, and who knows what player he will be after op and lay off.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Banquo wrote:
Digby wrote:
Banquo wrote: His insurance isn't the issue I'd have thought (unless is a career ender), its twofold as to whether Wasps' covers this eventuality (you'd think so) and your point.
gotcha, and as conjectured above. It would be a tad unfair to be penalised when you can't use the player, though it seems not quite as dire as it first appeared. Though 4-6 months still likely means up to half the season missing, and who knows what player he will be after op and lay off.
On the plus side, he's unlikely to be picked for the AI's so soon after an injury. So, over the season, he may play as many games as Wasps anticipated.