Highlanders

Moderator: morepork

Doorzetbornandbred

Highlanders

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

There is a story going round up here that Burt is going to the Highlanders post Joseph. Is there any truth in it? I find it hard to believe the NZRU would let an overseas coach run a Super Rugby team tbh.
morepork

Re: Highlanders

Post by morepork »

That would be a pretty big call. I think Tony Brown is definitely staying as assistant, but I have no idea who is on the prowl for the head coach. Maybe Tana will do the bolt at the cursed wasteland of planet blues before he gets infected with a Benny Hill virus.
zer0

Post by zer0 »

And leave Rob Penney out in the coaching wop-wops of Japan? Yep. Sounds like something the NZRU would do. They seem to have a serious vendetta against him.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

There was one media report of Burt being seen in Dunedin and having one meeting. That's been beat up into him being offered a role with the Highlanders.

I would be surprised and disappointed if that happened. We have enough homegrown coaching talent. Burt would be a terrible fit culturally as well.

Coincidentally an article was published in our shit-but-leading national paper naming a number of candidates with no mention of Burt or any other non-Kiwis.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/arti ... d=11639931
Len

Post by Len »

Good god I hope not.
Doorzetbornandbred

Post by Doorzetbornandbred »

Rest easy there was a report in the paper yesterday reckoning hes lined up to take over the Reds.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Which is the most Reds thing possible at the moment.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar