All Blacks v Ireland - sh**'s getting real, now

Moderator: morepork

Digby

Re: All Blacks v Ireland - sh**'s getting real, now

Post by Digby »

Puja wrote:
Lizard wrote:No Bundee Aki for Ireland. Which is BS. Red card was enough for that.
Any red's an auto-ban - the only hope he had was of it being overturned completely, which was never going to happen.

Puja
I took it to mean Lizard was saddened Ireland would be without Bundee soft hands Aki because that would make it harder for NZ, the skills on Aki being... agricultural
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Puja wrote:Without necessarily endorsing Stom's fishing line, Cueto's early centres were Tindall and Noon, while Ashton got Hape and Tindall. It's incredible that they scored the tries that they did!
But then, if England were going to score a try on those days, it was inevitably going to be those 2 - no-one else knew their way to the line.
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

Mikey Brown wrote:Sorry, this is miles off topic. I hope you stuff Ireland because I fucking hate them.
Ye’d better start checking under yer car, ye hoore!
Idle Feck
zer0

Post by zer0 »

Team named.

1. Joe Moody
2. Codie Taylor
3. Nepo Laulala
4. Brodie Retallick
5. Sam Whitelock
6. Ardie Savea
7. Sam Cane
8. Kieran Read (C)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. George Bridge
12. Anton Lienert-Brown
13. Jack Goodhue
14. Sevu Reece
15. Beauden Barrett

16. Dane Coles
17. Ofa Tuungafasi
18. Angus Ta'avao
19. Scott Barrett
20. Matt Todd
21. TJ Perenara
22. Sonny Bill Williams
23. Jordie Barrett

Happy to see ALB at second-five. I think he was under-used against the Boks when he was at centre. The more involvements he has the better IMO. Surprised that they went with Goodhue ahead of Crotty at centre, so he'll have to step up following his return from injury. ALB/Goodhue does look like the next long-term midfield though.

Taylor ahead of Coles is a mild surprise, although they're pretty interchangeable these days. Todd is a pleasant unexpected surprise. Though they might've gone for S.Barrett as the reserve loosie (Tuipulotu covering lock), or Frizzel. Still uncomfortable with J.Barrett being on hand to, potentially, do something stupid in a close match...
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I'm a bit surprised at the Taylor/Coles gambit, too. Maybe Coles pace off the bench is seen as a weapon? Maybe its to allow a bit of rotation should we get through. Goodhue/ALB wsn't my prediction but as pointed out it was the obvious other choice. The rest is as anticipated. Bit of a blow for Ben from Accounts, who has been a legend, but I think Jordie is over his awkward phase and earned his spot.

Happy with it. When's Ireland named?

Post by zer0 »

I believe Australia, Ireland and South Africa are all named later tonight. France, Japan and Wales tomorrow evening.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I would guess that barring injuries and bans this would be the team for any further games we might get to play. In 2015, the only change from QF to SF was Moody in for Crockett, with B Franks taking Moody's place on the bench. SF and Final XXIIIs were identical.

Aaron Smith is the sole surviving starting back from 2015. B Barrett and SBW were on the bench. In the forwards, Moody, both starting locks, and the captain survive, along with Cane who was on the bench.
Spy

Post by Spy »

Good side. I'd play B Smith ahead of J-Bar, but it's arguable. Gives us 3 kickers, should shit horribly hit the fan with injuries or cards.

Interesting though, in that it's a team probably no one would have picked at the start of the season to be our RWC KO side. Reece, Bridge, possibly ALB would have been an outsider, no O Franks, Savea at 6, Beaunga. I'm not disagreeing with these selections, merely noting that many of them wouldn't have been predictable choices 6 months ago.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Jordie on the bench makes sense. He provides an option for pretty much every backline position. I guess the only moan I can think of is the lack of Crotty, but ALB's form speaks for itself.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
morepork

Post by morepork »

ALB will carve it up. He will empty the tank going hard and old man Williams will mop up the gravy. Good side. Matt Todd is a great choice for a game that will be fierce at the ruck. Bench looks mean Maori mean.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Very curious mix of metaphors there. You couldn’t think of a meat-related equivalent to ‘emptying the tank’?
Digby

Post by Digby »

He was thinking about meat
morepork

Post by morepork »

I am impervious to your cynicism.
zer0

Post by zer0 »

17-0 after 22 minutes.

But actually don't stop pls.
zer0

Post by zer0 »

Seen some criticism of O'Mahony being poor, but seems to be playing like he did in Dublin 2016. The rest of the Irish team less so.

Need to capitalise now we're back in their 22. Missed out last time due to him (O'Mahony). Can't afford too many unsuccessful forays like that. Even just a penalty or droppie will do for now.

EDIT: Silly knock-on. Grrrr...
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Ardie has ditched the goggles?
zer0

Post by zer0 »

Yeah. IIRC he only wore them for one match for like 10 minutes.