SPOTY 2019

Digby

SPOTY 2019

Post by Digby »

Just stuck in my vote for KJT.

That from a shortlist that also included AWJ, Hamilton, Asher-Smith, Sterling and Stokes
Digby

Re: SPOTY 2019

Post by Digby »

The 219 winner was announced as Ben Stokes, in 2nd was Lewis and in 3rd Dina. A brilliant top 3 in fairness, not a bad year all in
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Digby wrote:The 219 winner was announced as Ben Stokes, in 2nd was Lewis and in 3rd Dina. A brilliant top 3 in fairness, not a bad year all in
I voted for Dina Asher-Smith, I just don't think Hamilton has a personality tho he was undoubtedly the most successful of the candidates.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Numbers wrote:
Digby wrote:The 219 winner was announced as Ben Stokes, in 2nd was Lewis and in 3rd Dina. A brilliant top 3 in fairness, not a bad year all in
I voted for Dina Asher-Smith, I just don't think Hamilton has a personality tho he was undoubtedly the most successful of the candidates.
They all had some reasonable selling points which was good to see, and yes, a 6th F1 championship is an astonishing record. I do like Dina, and she had a brilliant season, I might have voted for her if she'd done the double, but for me with KJT having struggled in a number of championships to come in and perform so well across so many different events, nailing some of her weaker events, to beat Jess's record taking the gold was the pick. But I don't begrudge anyone on the list, or any of the top 3
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Digby wrote:
Numbers wrote:
They all had some reasonable selling points which was good to see, and yes, a 6th F1 championship is an astonishing record. I do like Dina, and she had a brilliant season, I might have voted for her if she'd done the double, but for me with KJT having struggled in a number of championships to come in and perform so well across so many different events, nailing some of her weaker events, to beat Jess's record taking the gold was the pick. But I don't begrudge anyone on the list, or any of the top 3
Eugene Wrayburn

Post by Eugene Wrayburn »

Digby wrote:Just stuck in my vote for KJT.

That from a shortlist that also included AWJ, Hamilton, Asher-Smith, Sterling and Stokes
My preference would generally be for people in individual sports rather than team sports as it's extremely difficult to evaluate relative contributions in team sports. Out of the individuals i'd have been perfectly with either KJT or Dina. I suspect they inevitably split the vote of people with an appreciation of athletics or woman's sport.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

NS. Gone but not forgotten.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Eugene Wrayburn wrote:
Digby wrote:Just stuck in my vote for KJT.

My preference would generally be for people in individual sports rather than team sports as it's extremely difficult to evaluate relative contributions in team sports. Out of the individuals i'd have been perfectly with either KJT or Dina. I suspect they inevitably split the vote of people with an appreciation of athletics or woman's sport.
ditto, plus adding in truly global sport.
SerjeantWildgoose

Post by SerjeantWildgoose »

Frankly, I don't think there can be any argument with Stokes winning it. Putting the two homophobes down and out with two punches won it for me. Doesn't he also do cricket?
Idle Feck
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

SerjeantWildgoose wrote:Frankly, I don't think there can be any argument with Stokes winning it. Putting the two homophobes down and out with two punches won it for me. Doesn't he also do cricket?
I must have missed this at the time, the police cam footage is pretty entertaining though.