Happy 1st of Christmas Everyone!!!

Donny osmond

Happy 1st of Christmas Everyone!!!

Post by Donny osmond »

Right in the spirit this morning. Flashy lights, jinglin bells, bucks fizz for breakfast for the next 3.5 weeks.

Brilliant. Its hard to imagine several millenia of advances could have gone any better.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
OptimisticJock

Re: Happy 1st of Christmas Everyone!!!

Post by OptimisticJock »

This should be in the cringe/hate thread. Can someone merge the threads please.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

No. Let’s keep the Christmas spirit alive! 3.5 weeks until I can see how excited my toddler is going to be!
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

Sandydragon wrote:No. Let’s keep the Christmas spirit alive! 3.5 weeks until I can see how excited my toddler is going to be!
Feck off. The only Christmas spirit I'm interested in is a decent single malt. Christmas now is no longer fun
it's just 8 wks of commercial hell insead of a weeks worth of stuffing yourself silly, getting pissed & trying to avoid
the really mental members of your family
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

belgarion wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:No. Let’s keep the Christmas spirit alive! 3.5 weeks until I can see how excited my toddler is going to be!
Feck off. The only Christmas spirit I'm interested in is a decent single malt. Christmas now is no longer fun
it's just 8 wks of commercial hell insead of a weeks worth of stuffing yourself silly, getting pissed & trying to avoid
the really mental members of your family
The commercial bit I agree with, but other than that I find living 250 miles away from most of my family minimises the need to be polite and with a toddler running around pulling tinsel everywhere it promises to be fun.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

The electi○n / br€xit extras this time round don't appear to have lessened the hurley-burley manic street merriness.
Won't be saying no to whisky, meat, cheese, mince pies, pork pies, wine, port or sherry but on health grounds may show caution elsewhere.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

As much of an ol’ cynic as I am, it was really nice to see Lizard Jr (7) and Little Miss Lizard (5) decorating the tree today, wearing Santa hats.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

My little market town holds a very popular Xmas, well, market. That are t**ts everywhere just wandering merrily in the road without a care or worry in the world. They are not even worried about the 1.5 tonne car which this driver was seriously considering turning into a weapon. Bah humbug.
morepork

Post by morepork »

As Charles Dickens wot once said:

"Fuck everyone".
Coco

Post by Coco »

morepork wrote:As Charles Dickens wot once said:

"Fuck everyone".
Youre a mean one.... Mr. Grinch...
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Thomas Sowell
Stom

Post by Stom »

Over here, the tree doesn't go up until Christmas Eve when the angels deliver it (kids go out for a walk/ride and us schmucks put it up).

It's, frankly, wonderful! They love seeing the tree just standing there when they walk in, and there is a distinct lack of Christmas nonsense in the lead up.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Stom wrote:Over here, the tree doesn't go up until Christmas Eve when the angels deliver it (kids go out for a walk/ride and us schmucks put it up).

It's, frankly, wonderful! They love seeing the tree just standing there when they walk in, and there is a distinct lack of Christmas nonsense in the lead up.
I’m starting that tradition in my house next year. I’ll kick the kids out at midday and tell them not to come back until 8. On their return the 1m tall plastic tree adorned with one bauble and one star will greet them. As will I, snoring on the sofa surrounded by beer bottles.
Stom

Post by Stom »

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!

I’m on my third glass of bubbly ( it’s a local Vintner, so not champagne, but damn good) with a couple of glasses of Malbec in between with the duck.

I love duck.

Going to be drinking like a fish tomorrow, got a champagne breakfast to kick things off, then cocktails, snowballs, a wonderful Hungarian red called Kadarka (you must try it), a chenin blanc, and port.

We’ve got company in my son’s godparents, too.

Merry Christmas!
Coco

Post by Coco »

Children do make Christmas more fun... enjoy it while theyre young. Soon enough they will be wanting presents that cost more or just cash so they can go buy what they want... not as fun as watching toddlers and kiddos ripping open presents in their jammies and seeing the excitement about Santa making a stop at the house just for them. My grandson is 10 months old and just started walking so Christmas should be a bit of fun here as well.

Since we just had Thanksgiving here, we do a non-traditional meal. This year its tamales.. tacos.. and enchiladas... beans and rice with all the toppings. Its going to be delicious.

However you and yours celebrate... I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. :mrgreen:
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Thomas Sowell
Stom

Post by Stom »

We have a double Christmas, Hungarian and English, so tonight the angels delivered the tree and gifts.

Tomorrow morning Father Christmas will bring more gifts.

Today we had French onion soup then duck, with champagne and Malbec. Tomorrow morning we have scrambled egg with smoked salmon, with Buck’s Fizz, then starter is home made duck liver pate with home made quince jelly and the aforementioned Kadarka. Then turkey and all the trimmings followed by Christmas pud.

Because it’s spread over 6-7 hours, it’s not so bad, but it’sa lot of booze.
I love it. That’s Christmas to me: food and drink
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a good un.