Missing Person or Murder Investigation

Zhivago

Missing Person or Murder Investigation

Post by Zhivago »

There are unfortunately too many murders and missing people to pay attention to them all, but the strange disappearance without clues of Nicola Bulley somehow captured my attention. The last missing person/murder investigation that caught my attention this much was the murder of Joanna Yeates (which probably caught my attention because at that time I had recently moved away from the same area - Clifton, Bristol).

I don't know what it is about it that makes me so keen for it to reach a conclusive finding. I guess perhaps because it was broad daylight in an innocuous location, and happened to people working from 'home'. Some observations:
  • Social media is a sewer. The people on for example Twitter who attack her family or friends and accuse them... just disgusting.
  • The police's apparent conviction that she is in the river seems incompetent, assuming it isn't intentionally done while they gather evidence on one or more prime suspect
  • It scares me how at risk women are in our society, they apparently can't just sit on a park bench on a Teams call without being at risk.
  • The prospect of it being murder/abduction and not misadventure, causes me to again ponder about the nature of psychopathy.

For those who are not familiar with the case here's my tldr;
  • Mother drops off kids at school and takes dog to a riverside park and is on a Teams conference call.
  • At some point during that Teams call she disappears (falls into river or is taken/murdered).
  • Dog and phone are found about 20 minutes after the last witness sighting of her.
  • Police insist that all the evidence points to her being in the river. But they do not find her.

Все буде Україна!
Смерть ворогам!!

Sandydragon

Re: Missing Person or Murder Investigation

Post by Sandydragon »

This is very intriguing. The expert divers are fairly confident that the body would have been found by now, knowing what they do about water flow etc. I do agree that it seems odd that the police seem to be focusing mostly on the accidental nature, but that could just be for public show. Hopefully we come to a resolution soon so the family can be reunited or at least know what happened. The fact that she was mid-Teams call is very interesting, but its possible she was just listening to someone else talk with the camera off, rather than actively participating.

I completely agree about social media being a sewer. Aside from this site, I only go on LinkedIn these days. Twitter and Facebook are just full of idiots and lives too short.