Liam Williams leaving Cardiff

Moderator: Sandydragon

Sandydragon

Liam Williams leaving Cardiff

Post by Sandydragon »

Fail reporting that Liam is to leave Cardiff, with Japan the most likely destination. He will of course still be available for Wales and this could actually benefit the Blues given his lack of appearances and cost.

I hope a trip to Japan works out well for him.
Mikey Brown

Re: Liam Williams leaving Cardiff

Post by Mikey Brown »

Of course?
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Mikey Brown wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:30 pm Of course?
No reason why he would not be able to play for Wales unless there’s something in his contract.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Sandydragon wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:22 pm
No reason why he would not be able to play for Wales unless there’s something in his contract.
Sorry I meant more that people keep retiring every 5 minutes. I’m not sure whether he’s at that point though.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Mikey Brown wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:07 am
Sandydragon wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:22 pm
Sorry I meant more that people keep retiring every 5 minutes. I’m not sure whether he’s at that point though.
Gotcha. Fair enough but I don’t think he’s going to call it a day unless of course he can’t get a contract
Wallpaperman

Post by Wallpaperman »

According to WoL he will have to pass a fitness test post World Cup. Chances are he’ll still be a Cardiff player !
Wallpaperman

Post by Wallpaperman »

Scarlets making a few signings. Alex Craig could be very good if he can stay fit, and am looking forward to seeing Ioan Lloyd in the URC.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Wallpaperman wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:50 pm Scarlets making a few signings. Alex Craig could be very good if he can stay fit, and am looking forward to seeing Ioan Lloyd in the URC.
I'm not sure where he's going tio fit in, maybe backup 10/12?
Wallpaperman

Post by Wallpaperman »

Numbers wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:32 pm
Wallpaperman wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:50 pm Scarlets making a few signings. Alex Craig could be very good if he can stay fit, and am looking forward to seeing Ioan Lloyd in the URC.
I'm not sure where he's going tio fit in, maybe backup 10/12?
I reckon so, certainly in his first season. I can’t see him starting at 10 or 12 if everyone is fit, will probably come off the bench a lot though.

And they have signed Taine Plumtree now, yet another 6”5ish second row / blindside type player. A former New Zealand u-20 player but also Welsh qualified due to being born in Swansea. One way of looking at it is that he has come as he can’t get game time at Auckland but he could be a good replacement for Shingler, and has just turned 23.

Given the way that Cardiff and the Ospreys are doing things at present, and the Dragons not yet signing any tight 5 lumps, my money is on the Scarlets to be the best of the Welsh bunch next season. They might even finish 11th in the URC.