Just imagine it....

Moderator: OptimisticJock

Donny osmond

Just imagine it....

Post by Donny osmond »

Away tae the teuchters on a cold January night...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sp ... ugby-team/
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
septic 9

Re: Just imagine it....

Post by septic 9 »

wonder how the 2 clubs supporting this voted in connection t the scrapping of Super 6.
Wonder how they think they could support this financially given Aberdeen failed to put together a bid for a Super 6 franchise.

We are nowhere near financially being able to afford to support a 3rd pro team. Unfortunate, we'd all like one but that is the harsh reality. Given the SRU loss last season and expecting similar this season a 3rd team is probably further away than ever

The only clear and obvious bit to me - and even the contributors to the article are not united on this (a sure sign its fantasy and not serious) is that IF we ever got a position where we could afford a 3rd team, it would have to be in Aberdeen. Population centre is absolutely key
General Zod

Post by General Zod »

It’s strange timing for the article.

Anyway, I think our third men’s pro team should be the sevens and then they can get involved in this. I’d love to see it, but it’s sounds like a no-go unless there is some serious external investment.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

I only posted the link in jest really, I can't believe anyone is going to set up a 3rd pro team, unless some benevolent multi gazillionaire somewhere needs to shed a couple or £30mill.

Any extra monies the SRU have should go into women's rugby imo.
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.