The Cringe/Hate Thread

Donny osmond

Re: The Cringe/Hate Thread

Post by Donny osmond »

Council bureaucracy.

We have come back from holiday to find a letter from the council telling us the parking permit process is changing. Fine, I mean, you already give us a parking permit, so that shouldn't be an issue, right? WRONG MUTHERFUCKER.

I now have to, every year, use my council tax bill, THAT I GET FROM THE COUNCIL, to prove my address TO THE COUNCIL, plus prove that the car THAT THE COUNCIL HAS PREVIOUSLY GIVEN ME A PERMIT FOR is mine and is parked at my house, in order to apply for a permit to park said car at said address.

πŸ€¬πŸ€―πŸ–•
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Donny osmond wrote: ↑Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:40 am Council bureaucracy.

We have come back from holiday to find a letter from the council telling us the parking permit process is changing. Fine, I mean, you already give us a parking permit, so that shouldn't be an issue, right? WRONG MUTHERFUCKER.

I now have to, every year, use my council tax bill, THAT I GET FROM THE COUNCIL, to prove my address TO THE COUNCIL, plus prove that the car THAT THE COUNCIL HAS PREVIOUSLY GIVEN ME A PERMIT FOR is mine and is parked at my house, in order to apply for a permit to park said car at said address.

πŸ€¬πŸ€―πŸ–•
W O W. That is an excellent use of resources. Can't imagine that process of the council taking in money makes a profit!

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

There will be multiple similar stories at every council across the country. There certainly was in the council I worked in and the one my wife worked in.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

What if, bear with me, you just don't care that they're back together, are not remotely interested in spending hours in an internet queue to spend hours in another internet queue to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on literally 2 tickets to a gig where you'll be surrounded by thousands of drunk coked up arseholes desperately trying to relive their glory days from 30 years ago that were actually amusingly tragic days at the time and haven't got any better since?
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
morepork

Post by morepork »

Donny osmond wrote: ↑Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:38 am What if, bear with me, you just don't care that they're back together, are not remotely interested in spending hours in an internet queue to spend hours in another internet queue to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on literally 2 tickets to a gig where you'll be surrounded by thousands of drunk coked up arseholes desperately trying to relive their glory days from 30 years ago that were actually amusingly tragic days at the time and haven't got any better since?
They are such tiresome tryhards.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Donny osmond wrote: ↑Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:38 am What if, bear with me, you just don't care that they're back together, are not remotely interested in spending hours in an internet queue to spend hours in another internet queue to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on literally 2 tickets to a gig where you'll be surrounded by thousands of drunk coked up arseholes desperately trying to relive their glory days from 30 years ago that were actually amusingly tragic days at the time and haven't got any better since?
they are also not very good and weren't at the time
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

It could be F.A.B. - for business that is.
The numbers generated from the Swift concerts especially in London were mind-blowing.

Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

πŸ€¬πŸ€―πŸ–•
Update.

On both the app and the website, it says my permit is authorised and valid until July 2025. BUT I haven't paid for a session. I don't actually need to pay, the sessions are free, but I still need to 'pay' for a session for my permit to be accepted by the Blue Meanies (that's Weedgie slang for traffic wardens).

So I try and pay for a free session and the only option available is a 12 month session, so I click on it and a month has passed since my permit was authorised so there are only 11 months left and that doesn't compute with a 12 month free paid for session, so I now have to apply for a new permit.
J Dory

Post by J Dory »

Donny osmond wrote: ↑Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:44 pm

πŸ€¬πŸ€―πŸ–•
Update.

On both the app and the website, it says my permit is authorised and valid until July 2025. BUT I haven't paid for a session. I don't actually need to pay, the sessions are free, but I still need to 'pay' for a session for my permit to be accepted by the Blue Meanies (that's Weedgie slang for traffic wardens).

So I try and pay for a free session and the only option available is a 12 month session, so I click on it and a month has passed since my permit was authorised so there are only 11 months left and that doesn't compute with a 12 month free paid for session, so I now have to apply for a new permit.
Try not to fuck it up this time.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

J Dory wrote: ↑Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:55 pm

πŸ€¬πŸ€―πŸ–•
Update.

On both the app and the website, it says my permit is authorised and valid until July 2025. BUT I haven't paid for a session. I don't actually need to pay, the sessions are free, but I still need to 'pay' for a session for my permit to be accepted by the Blue Meanies ( :geek: that's Weedgie slang for traffic wardens).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

πŸ€¬πŸ€―πŸ–•
Update.

😁 That did make me chuckle but I've had the last laugh.... got an email to say my application had been declined as being a duplicate, so went back into the parking app to try again and I now have a valid parking session that lasts for a year from today... a full month after my valid parking permit expires.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Donny osmond wrote: ↑Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:02 pm

Update.

😁 That did make me chuckle but I've had the last laugh.... got an email to say my application had been declined as being a duplicate, so went back into the parking app to try again and I now have a valid parking session that lasts for a year from today... a full month after my valid parking permit expires.
stuck it to the man