Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Moderator: Puja

Scrumhead

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by Scrumhead »

TBH, I think Mata is a bit of a strange signing. Even more so if the Telegraph’s numbers are right.

I could be wrong, but I have the feeling his best days are behind him and Bristol is one last pay day. Seems to me they could have spent money a bit better.
Puja

Re: Transfer news, rumours, suggestions, frenzied speculation, and outright lies - Season 2023-24

Post by Puja »

Scrumhead wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:52 pmI could be wrong, but I have the feeling his best days are behind him and Bristol is one last pay day. Seems to me they could have spent money a bit better.
This could've been written word-for-word of McGinty two seasons ago...

Puja
Backist Monk
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Scrumhead wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:52 pm TBH, I think Mata is a bit of a strange signing. Even more so if the Telegraph’s numbers are right.

I could be wrong, but I have the feeling his best days are behind him and Bristol is one last pay day. Seems to me they could have spent money a bit better.
Yeah, particularly odd given Bradbury seemed to settle in really well and was playing his best rugby for years. Mata can still do magic things, but it seems much less frequent.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Mata now out injured until November anyway.

Puja
Backist Monk
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

All that debating and it didn’t even Mata.
jimKRFC

Post by jimKRFC »

Puja wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:01 pm Mata now out injured until November anyway.

Puja
Mata, Luatua and Harding all out at present. Had to have a "tbc" back rower on the bench for the Newport friendly tonight...
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Telusa Vienau has signed for Doncaster Knights for next season having been released by Sale at the end of last season.
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Rumours of Will Spencer to Saints on injury dispensation and that they are looking for an additional tighthead (one of 7 teams across the URC, Top14 and Prem according to Fissler).
Adam_P

Post by Adam_P »

Ethan Grayson joins Falcons. I was a bit miffed that Saints let him go as he was starting to look like a decent option at 12, so think Falcons have got a good one there
Puja

Post by Puja »

Adam_P wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:19 am Ethan Grayson joins Falcons. I was a bit miffed that Saints let him go as he was starting to look like a decent option at 12, so think Falcons have got a good one there
Only a short-term contract till the end of the year, interestingly - the press release has it talking about him returning to San Diego for the new season in January. I suspect that Legion can and will be bought off if he turns out to become a Newcastle regular, though.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:55 am
Adam_P wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:19 am Ethan Grayson joins Falcons. I was a bit miffed that Saints let him go as he was starting to look like a decent option at 12, so think Falcons have got a good one there
Only a short-term contract till the end of the year, interestingly - the press release has it talking about him returning to San Diego for the new season in January. I suspect that Legion can and will be bought off if he turns out to become a Newcastle regular, though.

Puja
Keiran Wilkinson is out for 3 months with injury so Falcons need 10 cover.
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Puja
Ooft. Poor sod has no luck at all.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Puja wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:24 pm
FKAS wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Puja
Ooft. Poor sod has no luck at all.

Puja
I know. I still expect him to be a great signing for Falcons though.
jimKRFC

Post by jimKRFC »

Shock transfer news!!

Melksham Rugby announce the signing of Viliami Hakalo.

With 10 caps for the Tonga national team between 2006 and 2016, Viliami has showcased his talent on the world stage, scoring 22 points, including 3 tries, 2 conversions, and 1 penalty kick.

Viliami brings incredible experience and leadership to our squad. He’s also made his mark at club level, playing for Nottingham and the renowned Saracens.
Puja

Post by Puja »

jimKRFC wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:02 pm Shock transfer news!!

Melksham Rugby announce the signing of Viliami Hakalo.

With 10 caps for the Tonga national team between 2006 and 2016, Viliami has showcased his talent on the world stage, scoring 22 points, including 3 tries, 2 conversions, and 1 penalty kick.

Viliami brings incredible experience and leadership to our squad. He’s also made his mark at club level, playing for Nottingham and the renowned Saracens.
Wild. I doubt he'll be dropping down to the 2nd XV very often, so I'm unlikely to play him though.

Puja
Backist Monk