Good TV Shows

switchskier

Re: Good TV Shows

Post by switchskier »

paddy no 11 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:28 pm
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 5:04 pm
paddy no 11 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 3:17 pm

Wouldn't argue with any of that bar loving the soundtrack for 1st 2 seasons. Putting 9 inch nails on a loop didn't work. And basically it's a soundtrack I'd come up with not a professional
I'm in no great rush to watch this after season 2 went so badly off the rails at the end.
Honestly don't bother.
I loved the first two seasons. It had huge manic energy that was a little intense to watch but really worked for anyone that's been in a kitchen, even a KP'ing back in the day. Didn't get season3 at all and neither did my better half, but then they're onto their fourth rewatch of not getting it. We will watch season 4 and hope it then makes sense.

The acolyte was decent fun but I was annoyed at the way they used Daphne Keene and didn't think that the lead had the acting chops to pull off the twins role.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Well, just watched the last episode of season 3 of the Bear. Struggled thru just to say I could. Thing is, the last episode is genuinely good TV, it's just the absolute depths of shite you have to get thru to get to the last episode is unforgivable. Anyway, almost certainly won't be watching series 4, unless the reviews are absolute fire.
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

The Bear wins 4 Emmys for comedy?? Bizarre.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... y-reindeer
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:08 am The Bear wins 4 Emmys for comedy?? Bizarre.

also odd that Baby Reindeer went big, given the controversy (though I didn't see the end game of that)
Son of Mathonwy

Banquo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:53 am
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:08 am The Bear wins 4 Emmys for comedy?? Bizarre.

also odd that Baby Reindeer went big, given the controversy (though I didn't see the end game of that)
Hard to predict how Baby Raindeer was going to go down with audiences - shocking stuff but it could have been too shocking/grimly confessional.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

And Shogun winning everything else? The Emmys are very very weird
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:46 pm

Hard to predict how Baby Raindeer was going to go down with audiences - shocking stuff but it could have been too shocking/grimly confessional.
Mrs b thought it brilliant....but I was referring to the stalker being identified and then crying foul, loudly
Son of Mathonwy

Banquo wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:45 pm
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:46 pm

Mrs b thought it brilliant....but I was referring to the stalker being identified and then crying foul, loudly
Ah right, yeah, I wasn't really following that story.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

At the risk of rekindling the "is it right to boycott a cast/crew of hundreds because of the actions of one man?" debate...
Son of Mathonwy

Which Tyler wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:11 am At the risk of rekindling the "is it right to boycott a cast/crew of hundreds because of the actions of one man?" debate...
youtu.be/UVomO7U5emc?si=4sE5GrkygHuHIMhE
I'll be watching. They did a decent job of adapting one of the best 90s comics in season 1, so I'm still on board, ignoring Gaiman the man.