Exploding pagers

Donny osmond

Exploding pagers

Post by Donny osmond »

Are the Israeli secret service giving each other a massive, but very secret high five right now?

Whoever has done this, it's bonkers and brilliant and very very scary.
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Mikey Brown

Re: Exploding pagers

Post by Mikey Brown »

Feels like a certain amount of glee coming from this post or am I misreading that?

I can’t really tell from the little I’ve read what the balance of Hezbollah/civilians involved is, but thousands injured.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

It's just violence and perpetual war

Actually it's pure terrorism, we won't have the yanks or Britain intervening here though

I'm guessing a huge number of civilians have had life changing injuries

Adding a few thousand amputees to Lebanons list of shit
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Terrorism? That's what it would be if it happened in reverse.

Not sure if this is just Israel doing its normal thing or if Netanyahu is trying to get a full scale war going while Biden's bombs continue to pour into his country.

However, Hezbollah and Iran know that this is not a war they want to get into and one they can't win militarily. They could only realistically win if Israel's economy collapses (but if it did, the US would probably just bail them out).
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Mikey Brown wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:41 pm Feels like a certain amount of glee coming from this post or am I misreading that?

I can’t really tell from the little I’ve read what the balance of Hezbollah/civilians involved is, but thousands injured.
Genuinely not.

It's a 'brilliant' strike as in hugely effective and well executed, but that doesn't mean in any way that it's admirable in any human sense; we can be hugely critical of Israel while acknowledging the ingenuity (assuming it's an Israeli govt strike).

More than anything, it's scary that a project like this was conceived and executed by a government agency. If they, as in any govt, can do it to Hezbollah, any other govt can do something similar to anyone else, and are presumably planning something similar?
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Israel got a major bloody nose last time it entered Lebanon

I'm sure this change in tack has come from that, missiles and targetting leadership. No boots on the ground keep the parents at home happy
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Donny osmond wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:49 am
Mikey Brown wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:41 pm Feels like a certain amount of glee coming from this post or am I misreading that?

Genuinely not.

It's a 'brilliant' strike as in hugely effective and well executed, but that doesn't mean in any way that it's admirable in any human sense; we can be hugely critical of Israel while acknowledging the ingenuity (assuming it's an Israeli govt strike).

More than anything, it's scary that a project like this was conceived and executed by a government agency. If they, as in any govt, can do it to Hezbollah, any other govt can do something similar to anyone else, and are presumably planning something similar?
Fair enough. Didn't mean to accuse, but seemed worth clarifying. Definitely very scary implications, though I have no idea how infiltrating Hezbollah's tech would compare to other governments.

AFAIU Israel haven't 'claimed' this yet, but I don't know if that's just waiting to see if the world settles on this being considered terrorism.
Son of Mathonwy

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Wow, Israel are the terrorist kings today. And yet the news won't use that word.