What next for 24/25?

Moderator: Puja

Oakboy

Re: What next for 24/25?

Post by Oakboy »

In the DT today there is an article saying neither French club has been approached and there's no chance of either coach being released from contract. If this is true, why was the short list publicised? To do so is a ham-fisted approach. Has there been unofficial contact direct with the coaches? Is this yet another cock-up in the making?
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Maybe kickbacks from clickbait articles are the only thing keeping the RFU afloat and Borthwick has to keep manufacturing all this drama.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Mikey Brown wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:42 am Maybe kickbacks from clickbait articles are the only thing keeping the RFU afloat and Borthwick has to keep manufacturing all this drama.
MB, I thought I was cynical but . . . :D :D
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:43 am
Mikey Brown wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:42 am Maybe kickbacks from clickbait articles are the only thing keeping the RFU afloat and Borthwick has to keep manufacturing all this drama.
MB, I thought I was cynical but . . . :D :D
you sure couldn't make this sh8t up
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

The coaches contracts will have notice periods. If the coach activates that there's nothing the club can do. Felix Jones has got 12 months notice to serve so will be around until we can get in his replacement you'd have thought.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

FKAS wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:59 pm The coaches contracts will have notice periods. If the coach activates that there's nothing the club can do. Felix Jones has got 12 months notice to serve so will be around until we can get in his replacement you'd have thought.
But, why get the clubs' backs up by letting them hear of an approach via the press? Discretion/good manners might get more co-operation perhaps? The awkward position with Jones in his notice period should have been a warning.
Puja

Post by Puja »

FKAS wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:59 pm The coaches contracts will have notice periods. If the coach activates that there's nothing the club can do. Felix Jones has got 12 months notice to serve so will be around until we can get in his replacement you'd have thought.
The responses from the clubs are notable - Oyonnax say that El Abd will be finishing the season there, while Stade Francais say that Gustard is contracted till 2026. Suggests that El Abd will be easier to get our hands on.

I can't imagine the clubs will be keen to keep someone who wants to go though. They'll extract a pound of flesh from the RFU, but they can't practically block it.

Puja
Backist Monk
FKAS

Post by FKAS »

Oakboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:31 pm
But, why get the clubs' backs up by letting them hear of an approach via the press? Discretion/good manners might get more co-operation perhaps? The awkward position with Jones in his notice period should have been a warning.
Depends on who leaked the the fact those coaches were being interviewed. I doubt it was Seldom Blabbers or any other coaches. I can't imagine he's happy about the recruitment being splashed across the press. Someone/people from the RFU have been dropping info to the press for years though, seems endemic at this point. Wonder if they get a back hander?