Team v Scotland

Moderator: Sandydragon

Owain Glyndwr

Team v Scotland

Post by Owain Glyndwr »

Wales team to face Scotland: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Tom James; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Samson Lee; Luke Charteris, Alun Wyn Jones; Sam Warburton, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Reps: Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Tomas Francis, Bradley Davies, Dan Lydiate, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Anscombe
Graigwen

Re: Team v Scotland

Post by Graigwen »

No Cuthbert at all. About time.
Owain Glyndwr

Post by Owain Glyndwr »

Graigwen wrote:No Cuthbert at all. About time.
I'm guessing Priestland AND Anscombe on the bench means they have doubts that Biggar will last the full match.
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

Owain Glyndwr wrote:
I'm guessing Priestland AND Anscombe on the bench means they have doubts that Biggar will last the full match.
So Lloyd will have to cover wing as well as scrum half, although I suppose there are several who can do the wing job and several who can do the full back job. Looks good.
Tre

Post by Tre »

Owain Glyndwr wrote:
Wonder if they're doubting Biggar and Sanjay will last the whole match.
Graigwen

Post by Graigwen »

UKHamlet wrote:

So Lloyd will have to cover wing as well as scrum half, although I suppose there are several who can do the wing job and several who can do the full back job. Looks good.
Several wing replacement permutations possible, apart from putting Lloyd on the wing to do an infield kick.

Liam to wing, Anscombe to full back.

Liam to wing, Biggar to full back, Priestland to 10.

Liam to wing, Biggar to full back, Anscombe to 10.

Liam to wing, Priestland to full back.

Anscombe to wing????
Graigwen

Post by Graigwen »

Tre wrote:
Owain Glyndwr wrote:
Wonder if they're doubting Biggar and Sanjay will last the whole match.

I should think Liam will be OK. There must be at least slight a doubt about whether Biggar actually starts - time for a reaction to first training this week to kick in.

Owain Glyndwr

Post by Owain Glyndwr »

Roof will be shut apparently
bruce

Post by bruce »

Looks strong
Tre

Post by Tre »

Scotland team (nicked from SMB)

Scotland: Stuart Hogg; Sean Maitland, Mark Bennett, Duncan Taylor, Tommy Seymour; Finn Russell, Greig Laidlaw (captain); Alasdair Dickinson, Ross Ford, WP Nel, Richie Gray, Jonny Gray, John Barclay, John Hardie, David Denton.

Replacements: Stuart McInally, Gordon Reid, Zander Fagerson, Tim Swinson, Blair Cowan, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Duncan Weir, Sean Lamont.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

Scots have quite a tidy backrow, I'd still rather Tips on the bench.

Is Lloyd Williams really the second best available 9 in all of Wales? Everyone in the Scarlies is a 9 aren't they?

Umming and ahhhing over Anscombe. Don't like the way he has been fast tracked into the team, but he looked good for his little WC cameo and did not look at all out of place.
Last edited by Billyfish on Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerald Davies, what was he doing there?!
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

Tre wrote:Scotland team (nicked from SMB)

Scotland: Stuart Hogg; Sean Maitland, Mark Bennett, Duncan Taylor, Tommy Seymour; Finn Russell, Greig Laidlaw (captain); Alasdair Dickinson, Ross Ford, WP Nel, Richie Gray, Jonny Gray, John Barclay, John Hardie, David Denton.

Replacements: Stuart McInally, Gordon Reid, Zander Fagerson, Tim Swinson, Blair Cowan, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Duncan Weir, Sean Lamont.

Russell needs to kick on a bit. Not sure he is the 10 they've been desperately seeking.
Gerald Davies, what was he doing there?!
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Billyfish wrote:
Tre wrote:Scotland team (nicked from SMB)

Russell needs to kick on a bit. Not sure he is the 10 they've been desperately seeking.
He's still a young lad but is suffering from shite ball from laidlaw half the time, it probably doesn't help he's not got any real competition.
Flying Scarlet

Post by Flying Scarlet »

I cant help but feel our back row was unbalanced last week, we missed Lydiate
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

UKHamlet wrote:
Owain Glyndwr wrote:
Worked out well the last time Lloyd went onto the wing.
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Flying Scarlet wrote:I cant help but feel our back row was unbalanced last week, we missed Lydiate
Apparently, at least according to the fail, they want Tips to help play this expansive game. Not quite sure that Lydiate isn't a better starter than bench option though.
Tre

Re: RE: Re: Team v Scotland

Post by Tre »

Sandydragon wrote:
Flying Scarlet wrote:I cant help but feel our back row was unbalanced last week, we missed Lydiate
Apparently, at least according to the fail, they want Tips to help play this expansive game. Not quite sure that Lydiate isn't a better starter than bench option though.
Need game changers on the bench. A blind side's game needs to be more sophisticated than tackling.

I've been a long time advocate of Warbo and Tippy both playing, so I'm happy with that selection
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Tre wrote:
Sandydragon wrote:
Need game changers on the bench. A blind side's game needs to be more sophisticated than tackling.

I've been a long time advocate of Warbo and Tippy both playing, so I'm happy with that selection
Agreed. You either start Lydiate or don't bother. I'd prefer a big ball carrier on the bench, if Tips is starting.
Flying Scarlet

Post by Flying Scarlet »

Sandydragon wrote:
Tre wrote:
Sandydragon wrote: Apparently, at least according to the fail, they want Tips to help play this expansive game. Not quite sure that Lydiate isn't a better starter than bench option though.

Agreed. You either start Lydiate or don't bother. I'd prefer a big ball carrier on the bench, if Tips is starting.
Totally agree, Id be much happier with Morriarty on the bench
Flying Scarlet

Post by Flying Scarlet »

Sandydragon wrote:
Tre wrote:
Sandydragon wrote: Apparently, at least according to the fail, they want Tips to help play this expansive game. Not quite sure that Lydiate isn't a better starter than bench option though.

Totally agree, Id be much happier with Morriarty on the bench