Re: Random Funny Images

Post by BBD »

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Stones of granite wrote:
Lizard wrote:
Stones of granite wrote:
Must be an old clip, back heels are now a knock-on.
Under which Law?
It's an odd one. It doesn't come under a specific law, but in the definitions.

Kick: A kick is made by hitting the ball with any part of the leg or foot, except the heel,
from the toe to the knee but not including the knee; a kick must move the ball a visible
distance out of the hand, or along the ground.

I can't remember exactly when it was changed, but it was a fair few years ago now.
I like to think I'm up with the Laws but that one slipped me by. However, even if a back-heel is not a "kick," I don't think it is a knock-on.

Law 12:
"A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it."

By my reading, this makes a back-heel a legal method of propelling the ball forward (like a header). Unless I'm missing something.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Stones of granite wrote:
Lizard wrote:
Stones of granite wrote:
Must be an old clip, back heels are now a knock-on.
Under which Law?

Kick: A kick is made by hitting the ball with any part of the leg or foot, except the heel,
from the toe to the knee but not including the knee; a kick must move the ball a visible

I can't remember exactly when it was changed, but it was a fair few years ago now.
I like to think I'm up with the Laws but that one slipped me by. However, even if a back-heel is not a "kick," I don't think it is a knock-on.

Law 12:
"A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it."

By my reading, this makes a back-heel a legal method of propelling the ball forward (like a header). Unless I'm missing something.
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

You need to set the 'stereo' setting to "OFF" on your commodore 64
Stones of granite

Post by Stones of granite »

Lizard wrote:
Stones of granite wrote:
Lizard wrote: Under which Law?

Law 12:

Good point. Perhaps it's not a knock-on, then, and only illegal when the law mandates a kick e.g. a penalty or free-kick. Seems a bit odd.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

I guess if a heel counted as a kick, then heeling the ball back in a ruck would cause difficulties.

It does, however raise the prospect of a heeled box "kick" into the oppo 22 which could not be marked...
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

There's some comment here on a ref's forum http://www.rugbyrefs.com/archive/index. ... f1ab98fcee but they don't get much further than us, other than to raise the issue of whether a heel "kick" is a loss of possession forward and thus a knock-on.

But anyway, enough of that diversion:

rowan

Post by rowan »

If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
rowan

Post by rowan »

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

The thread title says "Funny", Rowan, not "sexist."
rowan

Post by rowan »

You can call me 'sexist' for that :twisted: , just not because I was opposed to warmonger Clinton :!: but I thought it was funny ... :lol:

It is interesting, also, that I'm the only one who comes in for these kinds of accusations (tongue-in-cheek or otherwise) when the thread is full of it. :roll: But having seen some of the things my British (particuarly) and American female friends post on FB, I'm really not going to concern myself with sexist humor too much at all.
rowan

Post by rowan »

Coco

Post by Coco »

rowan wrote:You can call me 'sexist' for that :twisted: , just not because I was opposed to warmonger Clinton :!: but I thought it was funny ... :lol:

It is interesting, also, that I'm the only one who comes in for these kinds of accusations (tongue-in-cheek or otherwise) when the thread is full of it. :roll: But having seen some of the things my British (particuarly) and American female friends post on FB, I'm really not going to concern myself with sexist humor too much at all.
Wait.. You have American female friends? Are they considered middle class?
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Thomas Sowell
Buggaluggs

Post by Buggaluggs »

Coco wrote:
rowan wrote:You can call me 'sexist' for that :twisted: , just not because I was opposed to warmonger Clinton :!: but I thought it was funny ... :lol:

You remember the sex ready mannequins, right?
rowan

Post by rowan »

I've seen a lot of racism and sexism on this forum, but then you turn around at the slightest excuse and try to use it in an accusatory manner because somebody happens to think differently from you. Hypocrisy is such a glaring feature of British and American culture, and I guess it has to be, or else how could you live with yourselves?

Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

RANDOM. FUNNY. IMAGES.
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Not only does this film title deserve a round of applause, so do the main character names:

Featuring Michaelangeblow, Dongatello, Raphallus, and Leonhardo.

Someone is earning their money.

Post by Donny osmond »

It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

Donny osmond wrote:Image
Is this like "Rowan funny"?
Donny osmond

Re: RE: Re: Random Funny Images

Post by Donny osmond »

jared_7 wrote:
Genuine mistake that I couldnt be arsed deleting
Adder

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Random Funny Images

Post by Adder »

Donny osmond wrote:
jared_7 wrote:
Genuine mistake that I couldnt be arsed deleting
Is that part of your p0rn stash?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Coco

Post by Coco »

Buggaluggs wrote:
Coco wrote:

You remember the sex ready mannequins, right?
I do. That would make perfect sense. :lol:
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Thomas Sowell