Team v Wales

Moderator: Puja

Oakboy

Re: Team v Wales

Post by Oakboy »

twitchy wrote:Well today's the big day. I think it will be more fun for the neutral than any thing else and wales will win through being more experienced and physical around the pitch.

The most frustrating thing for me is if we throw it away with cheap penalties. Nothing drives me crazier than when england do that. I also hope all this shit around the scrum doesn't become a complete circus.
Yes, we have to be street-smart with the ref. Unfortunately, that conflicts with the need to be in the face of the Welsh at every opportunity, risking the ref getting into a habit of pinging us.

We can win if Youngs delivers the ball quickly and accurately.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Bound to be very tight. Can't see many tries, so exerting pressure and turning that and possession into points is going to be critical.

It could go either way as man for man there's very little in it looking at the matchday 23's. What might swing it our way is playing at home and looking to have a superior bench.

Either way it a big test for this England side and it should be fascinating watching them handle the occasion.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Oh sod you all with your realism and caution. We'll beat them by 20 points and score at least 4 tries, then drink them under the table afterwards. And that's even with Hartley being sent off after 10 minutes (from both the game and the drinking).

Puja
Backist Monk
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Puja wrote:Oh sod you all with your realism and caution. We'll beat them by 20 points and score at least 4 tries, then drink them under the table afterwards. And that's even with Hartley being sent off after 10 minutes (from both the game and the drinking).

Puja
Puja, have you been drinking this early?
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

Weather looks great - might help the Wales up an under.

Think player for player we have a worse team - so hoping Eddie Jones has found a way for us to be better as a team, and better tactically than them.

Fecking hate rugby.
Renniks

Post by Renniks »

Puja wrote:Oh sod you all with your realism and caution. We'll beat them by 20 points and score at least 4 tries, then drink them under the table afterwards. And that's even with Hartley being sent off after 10 minutes (from both the game and the drinking).

Puja
Next you'll be saying we can sing better than them.
bitts

Post by bitts »

Puja
I'm with you Puja, reckon a big England performance is on the cards.

After all, it's not like we don't know what Wales are going to do, so they shouldn't be too hard to stop. Should they?

We'll get the edge upfront, Ford will unleash joespeh and Watson in space, then we'll bring our carriers off the bench to turn the screw in the last twenty.

Easy 22 point win! Ford man of the match and the end of Warrenball!

Can't see any other result!
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

We have the players there to trounce them, and vice versa, form tends to go out if the window with this one. I just think they have the psychological edge from knocking us out of the world cup with their E team.

Jones has also piled the pressure on us, helpfully. This will be a real test for him. I'm looking forward to it.
skidger

Post by skidger »

Mikey Brown wrote:We have the players there to trounce them, and vice versa, form tends to go out if the window with this one. I just think they have the psychological edge from knocking us out of the world cup with their E team.

Jones has also piled the pressure on us, helpfully. This will be a real test for him. I'm looking forward to it.
They have no fear of Twickenham these days and why should they. I also think they have better players than us and erm Alex Cuthbert. England are due a good performance though and really click under the Aussie dwarf so lets hope it is today.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Our halfbacks will be rumbled, but thankfully a big performance up front and a break away try will seal the deal for the engraver to start his work
bitts

Post by bitts »

skidger wrote:
They have no fear of Twickenham these days and why should they. I also think they have better players than us and erm Alex Cuthbert. England are due a good performance though and really click under the Aussie dwarf so lets hope it is today.
To be fair, Cuthbert is capable of doing more damage to his own teams than most wingers
I R Geech

Post by I R Geech »

The difference having Nugget providing calm, intelligent commentary compared to Jiffy completely losing his shit every time something doesn't go Wales' way is incredible.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

I R Geech wrote:The difference having Nugget providing calm, intelligent commentary compared to Jiffy completely losing his shit every time something doesn't go Wales' way is incredible.
Nuggett? You're not talking about Shane Williams talking complete crap are you?
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Is it too early to take Youngs off?
Len

Post by Len »

England should have had a couple of tries by now.
bitts

Post by bitts »

Mikey Brown wrote:Is it too early to take Youngs off?
I find myself daydreaming about the 60min mark when he gets taken off.
bitts

Post by bitts »

I think someone should take Cuthbert off, even I'm feeling sorry for him now.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Mikey Brown wrote:Is it too early to take Youngs off?
It's never too early.
bitts wrote:I think someone should take Cuthbert off, even I'm feeling sorry for him now.
But kicking to Cuthbert is by far our most successful move.

Besides, I need this to cheer me up after last night's game.
Last edited by Which Tyler on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belgarion

Post by belgarion »

Mikey Brown wrote:
I R Geech wrote:The difference having Nugget providing calm, intelligent commentary compared to Jiffy completely losing his shit every time something doesn't go Wales' way is incredible.
Nuggett? You're not talking about Shane Williams talking complete crap are you?
Difference between ITV & BBC? Introduce SCW & Jonny as winners of the 6Ns a few times & not WC winners once
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

bitts wrote:
skidger wrote:
To be fair, Cuthbert is capable of doing more damage to his own teams than most wingers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Spiffy...The Welsh props did well last time out and Wyn Jones is the best lock in Europe. It will be very close up front.
Re. the back three - Liam Williams is a very good FB and probably offers more than Brown in attack. I think he uses the ball better.
The game may hinge around Billy v. cousin Faletau. Billy is powerful, but Faletau is a very clever player and probably has more to his all round game
The Welsh props are OK, England's are better IMO...but I'll admit both have room for improvement.

Wyn-Jones is not the best lock in Europe...in fact he wouldn't get in the England matchday 23

I wouldn't trade Itoje, Kruis or Launchbury for him. I'm not sure if there's an England fan who would.

I'd take Brown over L.Williams and judging by the reports...Roberts and Biggar didn't look test class today.

The game is on here at 11pm ET - about 4am GMT - I'll decide then.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Much like the spoon in the Matrix there is no Wyn-Jones, his name is Jones