Logistics

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

Lizard

Logistics

Post by Lizard »

So which genius decided that the Lions should travel from Auckland to Whangarei on the same day that half of Auckland tries to get to Puhoi and Omaha for the long weekend?
Puja

Re: Logistics

Post by Puja »

Lizard wrote:So which genius decided that the Lions should travel from Auckland to Whangarei on the same day that half of Auckland tries to get to Puhoi and Omaha for the long weekend?
Will it really affect the Lions? I'd've thought they'd have a private plane take them?

Puja
Backist Monk
Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Puja wrote:
Lizard wrote:So which genius decided that the Lions should travel from Auckland to Whangarei on the same day that half of Auckland tries to get to Puhoi and Omaha for the long weekend?
Will it really affect the Lions? I'd've thought they'd have a private plane take them?

Puja
Nope. They went some in a bus, some in a fleet of sponsored Land Rovers.

To be honest, given the state of traffic to the airport, driving there is probably quicker.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Assuming they landed in Auckland, it's like an hour, hour and-a-half drive, IIRC. Only a wasteful idiot would opt to fly that distance.
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

Surprised they didn't have horse and carts adorned in plush maroon velvet and gold embellishments ready to take them up.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

jared_7 wrote:Surprised they didn't have horse and carts adorned in plush maroon velvet and gold embellishments ready to take them up.
They're for the victory parade.......which I've just heard has been brought forward to tomorrow.
kk67

Post by kk67 »

Mellsblue wrote:
jared_7 wrote:Surprised they didn't have horse and carts adorned in plush maroon velvet and gold embellishments ready to take them up.
They're for the victory parade.......which I've just heard has been brought forward to tomorrow.
I heard it was a pony and trap.
Puja

Post by Puja »

cashead wrote:Assuming they landed in Auckland, it's like an hour, hour and-a-half drive, IIRC. Only a wasteful idiot would opt to fly that distance.
Lucky Clive isn't in charge anymore then. Wasn't aware that there was such a small distance when I made the flight suggestion.

Puja
Backist Monk