Wasps V Leicester Tigers 1:45PM (BT Sport)

Moderator: Puja

Tigersman

Re: Wasps V Leicester Tigers 1:45PM (BT Sport)

Post by Tigersman »

Piutau suits Wasps needs.

Wasps have excellent attacking players in Daly and Wade, but lacked hard runners in the backs last season step up Halai and Piutau, both of whom are quick and strong runners.

Trouble with Beale as a signing for Wasps IMO is he isn't a strong runner, he is another silky runner and a backline of Cips, Daly, Wade and Beale whilst on paper and prob on hard ground but might stuggle against a blitz defence on a wet day without a Piutau figure.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Tigersman wrote:Think if Youngs was starting and not Thacker Wasps would of struggled a fair bit TBH.
I'm hoping that our close-season signings will see the Thacker to 7 experiment restarted. He looks like such an intelligent player and like someone that you really want on the pitch, but he just isn't big enough to play hooker at a high level.

Puja
Backist Monk
Peej

Post by Peej »

Tigersman wrote:Piutau suits Wasps needs.

Wasps have excellent attacking players in Daly and Wade, but lacked hard runners in the backs last season step up Halai and Piutau, both of whom are quick and strong runners.

Trouble with Beale as a signing for Wasps IMO is he isn't a strong runner, he is another silky runner and a backline of Cips, Daly, Wade and Beale whilst on paper and prob on hard ground but might stuggle against a blitz defence on a wet day without a Piutau figure.
Agree. But Leuiua will still be with us next year so could still offer that. Macken is also a powerful runner.
Len

Post by Len »

I wish we'd taken Piutau to the RWC. We didn't really use Naholo.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Len wrote:I wish we'd taken Piutau to the RWC. We didn't really use Naholo.
Such a shame - who knows how far you might have gone in the tournament if you hadn't made that mistake.

Puja
Backist Monk
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:
Such a shame - who knows how far you might have gone in the tournament if you hadn't made that mistake.

Puja
no, but they might have kept Piutau in NZ and playing now for the AB's...
Puja

Post by Puja »

Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
He'd already signed for Ulster long before the selection was made. I suspected at the time that it was one reason why he wasn't selected.

Puja
Backist Monk
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Puja wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
He'd already signed for Ulster long before the selection was made. I suspected at the time that it was one reason why he wasn't selected.

Puja
ah ok, guess we'll never know, but he's a helluva player.
Len

Post by Len »

Puja wrote:

Puja
We may have won even easier. Would have done my heart a world of good. Pretty impressive to leave talent like that behind a still win though.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Len wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
We may have won even easier. Would have done my heart a world of good. Pretty impressive to leave talent like that behind a still win though.
I know what you mean. I remember the clamour when Lancaster left out Luther Burrell.
Len

Post by Len »

Mellsblue wrote:
Len wrote:
Puja wrote:

Puja
I know what you mean. I remember the clamour when Lancaster left out Luther Burrell.
Surprised his missus didn't dump him after he failed to make the squad.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Len wrote:
Mellsblue wrote:
Len wrote:
Surprised his missus didn't dump him after he failed to make the squad.
Failed? Oh no no sir, he was robbed. Robbed by [redacted].

I read it in a paper, so it must be true.

Puja
Backist Monk