Young Player Watch

Moderator: Sandydragon

Sandydragon

Re: Young Player Watch

Post by Sandydragon »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:48 pm Can it really be true that the WRU are so utterly incompetent that they have yet to make contact with Josh Hathaway? I mean, whether Gatland selects him or not for the Summer, they need to communicate, to make sure he knows he's on the radar.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... s-29230366
That’s entirely possible. Could be that Gatland is very unimpressed and won’t waste a cap on Fail propaganda. Not seen enough of him to really have a firm opinion as to whether he’s a better option that alternatives in Wales.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Sandydragon wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:06 pm
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:48 pm Can it really be true that the WRU are so utterly incompetent that they have yet to make contact with Josh Hathaway? I mean, whether Gatland selects him or not for the Summer, they need to communicate, to make sure he knows he's on the radar.

That’s entirely possible. Could be that Gatland is very unimpressed and won’t waste a cap on Fail propaganda. Not seen enough of him to really have a firm opinion as to whether he’s a better option that alternatives in Wales.
He's a good young player - fast and pretty skillful. Reminds me of a young Josh Adams in terms of style. He's not international quality yet, but probably will be in the future, and then again neither was Archie Griffin in the 6N. Wouldn't embarrass himself off the bench, but would very much be being picked to secure him, rather than because he's the best option right now.

Puja
Backist Monk
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

Puja wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:25 pm
Sandydragon wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 3:06 pm

He's a good young player - fast and pretty skillful. Reminds me of a young Josh Adams in terms of style. He's not international quality yet, but probably will be in the future, and then again neither was Archie Griffin in the 6N. Wouldn't embarrass himself off the bench, but would very much be being picked to secure him, rather than because he's the best option right now.

Puja
Which is what seems to have happened. No issue giving young players a taste in the summer tours and more importantly making sure they are committed to us for the next 3 years. I’d rather take a punt than play an obviously injured Adam’s who needs a rest.