Good TV Shows

Numbers

Re: Good TV Shows

Post by Numbers »

jared_7 wrote:Anyone watch the first episode of BBC Planet Earth II?!
Aye, everything other than the snake gauntlet I'd seen before, good old archive.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Fucking hell...
► Show Spoiler
bruce

Post by bruce »

Numbers wrote:
Aye, everything other than the snake gauntlet I'd seen before, good old archive.
The snake gauntlet was good though, the feckers were coming out from everywhere. It was like Snakes on a Plane, but without the Plane!
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

bruce wrote:
Numbers wrote:
The snake gauntlet was good though, the feckers were coming out from everywhere. It was like Snakes on a Plane, but without the Plane!
To be fair that was good.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

A heads up about what show you're spoilering wouldn't go amiss.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Numbers wrote:
bruce wrote:
Numbers wrote:
I don't think I've ever before in my life cheered on a juvenile marine Iguana!
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

bruce wrote:
Numbers wrote:
bruce wrote:
I don't think I've ever before in my life cheered on a juvenile marine Iguana!
That wasn't the same iguana for the full sequence but it was cleverly edited.
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Planet Earth was very good. And yes the iguana/racer snake sequence was simply terrific.

Enjoying The Missing very much. Red herrings galore but its got me engrossed. Really good performances from the cast, none better than Keeley Hawes who is quite outstanding.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Any of you still Westworlding?
► Show Spoiler
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Mikey Brown wrote:Any of you still Westworlding?
► Show Spoiler
Stick with it.

Have you seen episode 8 yet?
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

► Show Spoiler
joshfishkins

Post by joshfishkins »

Stranger Things is good fun. A real 80s throwback and a rare show where the kids acting is actually good.

The Missing is fantastic, but oh so fecking miserable.
Buy my books. Feed my kids! Please.

http://tinyurl.com/z8deef3
jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

Mikey Brown wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Completely agree, I think they are suffering from trying to fool the viewer rather than building empathy and relatable characters. Maeve's storyline is probably the best as it seems linear and straightforward; she has suffered, we almost feel for her, and she wants revenge/escape.

The problem in the internet age with deliberately held back mysteries is that the level of online scrutiny means half the audience knows the twist before you get around to showing it.

The overarching storylines are enough to keep me interested for now, but I'm not sure how long into season 2 I'll make it if they just keep on deliberately making up new mysteries to pad it out.
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

I'm still enjoying westworld, just seen episode 8 (I think). Not a clue whats going on, but I'm quite enjoying that tbh, it means I have no expectations, and thus no disappointments.
It was so much easier to blame Them. It was bleakly depressing to think They were Us. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

I'm enjoying Westworld but yes, it's a little messy in its delivery at times and some of the characters don't do the show much justice, but there's more than enough to keep me interested.

Just started watching People of Earth which seems promising from halfway through the pilot episode and the awesome H. Jon Benjamin is in it, so it's bound to be awesome.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

West world
► Show Spoiler
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Mikey Brown wrote:West world
► Show Spoiler
Part way through episode 10 and I'm thinking it's getting a little ridiculous now.
► Show Spoiler
I had such great expectations for the show after the first episode and had an overall enjoyment of it just a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping the finale goes on to something great considering the second series has been commissioned.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Well...
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by WaspInWales on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

WaspInWales wrote: Part way through episode 10 and I'm thinking it's getting a little ridiculous now.

I had such great expectations for the show after the first episode and had an overall enjoyment of it just a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping the finale goes on to something great considering the second series has been commissioned.
Would you still recommend it to someone who has it sitting on their DVR? sounds like you've fallen out of love as the season has gone on.
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Which Tyler wrote:
WaspInWales wrote: Part way through episode 10 and I'm thinking it's getting a little ridiculous now.

Would you still recommend it to someone who has it sitting on their DVR? sounds like you've fallen out of love as the season has gone on.
Yes, although if you have read the spoilers here and other places online, it may ruin things a bit. It's still decent enough and starts off great with some good performances.
jared_7

Post by jared_7 »

Which Tyler wrote:

I fell out of love with it, but the finale actually saved it for me, and now I'm quite excited for season 2
► Show Spoiler
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Donny osmond wrote:I'm still enjoying westworld, just seen episode 8 (I think). Not a clue whats going on, but I'm quite enjoying that tbh, it means I have no expectations, and thus no disappointments.
I fucking loved it. Have to wait until 2018 for the new series though.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

Thought it was a massive, steaming pile of shit.

So, so disappointed. Take out the first 2 episodes and the whole thing was a waste of time and a waste of some good ideas.

Even the clever parts were undone by the shit parts. Logan seemed to be the only person talking any fucking sense.
Mikey Brown

Post by Mikey Brown »

...nobody else thought that?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Massive, steaming pile of shit is a bit too extreme.

It was mostly good imo, but some of the characters were just ridiculous as were some of the filler plot lines.