Reffing & Rule Changes

Anything rugby not covered by the other forums.

Moderators: Puja, Misc Forum Mod

rowan

Re: Rule Changes

Post by rowan »

I didn't see much tier 1 rugby this year, even in the video replays, but the overriding memory I have is of that endless series of scrums and video referrals between France and the All Blacks in the rain at Paris. Possibly one of the worst games I've seen in my life. I actually gained the impression that this was what the ref and front rowers thought the fans had come to see and were just doing their best to entertain them. But having never played in that particular quarter, and perhaps lacking a sufficient appreciation of the nuances and subtleties involved therein, it was about the last thing I wanted to watch.
If they're good enough to play at World Cups, why not in between?
rowan

Reffing & Rule Changes

Post by rowan »

I guess we can make this the de facto Reffing issues thread:

rowan

Re: Reffing & Rule Changes

Post by rowan »

The areas where referees have been instructed to clamp down in this year’s Six Nations

Six Nations referees have been given a brief to clamp down on a number of issues, including backchat during this season’s tournament.

There will also be close scrutiny of scrum-halves at the breakdown and back-chat to officials during the European extravaganza kicking off this weekend.

The most capped referee in history Nigel Owens, who is taking charge of the France-Ireland opener in Paris on the opening weekend has given an insight into the areas officials will be targeting.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/areas-referees-i ... x-nations/
rowan

Re: Reffing & Rule Changes

Post by rowan »

Hair! Hair! Out with the border-line high tackes :x