Leicester vs Gloucester

Moderator: Puja

scotinglos

Re: Leicester vs Gloucester

Post by scotinglos »

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'll be interested to see if it's interpreted the same way the next time it happens!
Beasties

Post by Beasties »

Enjoyable game for the neutral. I'd echo the comments re Evans, Manu and Harrison. Betham was proper quality. Atkinson had some nice moments in a generally decent performance from Glos.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Banquo wrote:
fivepointer wrote:Enjoyed that. Some good play from both sides. Glaws a lot better than I expected. Thought Morgan showed up well and Kvesic was very industrious.

Tigers turned it around very well in the 2nd half. Manu is looking in good form, making a number of crucial interventions. Youngs sub u15 level passing was highlighted by Harrisons cameo where every pass was accurate and quick, and not preceded by gazing at the ball before deciding to do something with it.
lol- very good on Youngs, that's exactly right.

Really wish Croft would just play like a normal flanker, his lineout is superb and when he gets involved is still class. Manu looks to be getting into great form. Lots of good things from EQP's in the game all round (bar one or one exception); Atkinson looked promising I thought, and the Evans lad.
Now, that was Tuilagi playing how he should and how he used to a few years back. Mauger's influence perhaps? When he puts his considerable on-the-hoof momentum into the edge of an opponent he makes real progress. Recently he has hit too head-on and achieved far less. He used to make runs like that for his second try all the time - the absence of which has been my constant whinge for many months. His simple intent should be to get beyond his opponent.

Youngs was embarrassingly bad.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Oakboy wrote: Now, that was Tuilagi playing how he should and how he used to a few years back. Mauger's influence perhaps? When he puts his considerable on-the-hoof momentum into the edge of an opponent he makes real progress. Recently he has hit too head-on and achieved far less. He used to make runs like that for his second try all the time - the absence of which has been my constant whinge for many months. His simple intent should be to get beyond his opponent.
Whilst he was injured?
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:
fivepointer wrote:Enjoyed that. Some good play from both sides. Glaws a lot better than I expected. Thought Morgan showed up well and Kvesic was very industrious.

Tigers turned it around very well in the 2nd half. Manu is looking in good form, making a number of crucial interventions. Youngs sub u15 level passing was highlighted by Harrisons cameo where every pass was accurate and quick, and not preceded by gazing at the ball before deciding to do something with it.

Really wish Croft would just play like a normal flanker, his lineout is superb and when he gets involved is still class. Manu looks to be getting into great form. Lots of good things from EQP's in the game all round (bar one or one exception); Atkinson looked promising I thought, and the Evans lad.
Now, that was Tuilagi playing how he should and how he used to a few years back. Mauger's influence perhaps? When he puts his considerable on-the-hoof momentum into the edge of an opponent he makes real progress. Recently he has hit too head-on and achieved far less. He used to make runs like that for his second try all the time - the absence of which has been my constant whinge for many months. His simple intent should be to get beyond his opponent.

odd...he hasn't really played for a year or so...so no idea which games you are referring to. Manu played pretty much like he always has when fit and in a bit of form.
p/d

Post by p/d »

Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote: lol- very good on Youngs, that's exactly right.

odd...he hasn't really played for a year or so...so no idea which games you are referring to. Manu played pretty much like he always has when fit and in a bit of form.
Dors, just put your hand up and take the hit.

Like Banquo will, in due course, over Ford :D
Banquo

Post by Banquo »

p/d wrote:
Banquo wrote:
Oakboy wrote:

Dors, just put your hand up and take the hit.

Like Banquo will, in due course, over Ford :D
Your fickleness over Farrell love and Ford hate has been duly noted.
Epaminondas Pules

Post by Epaminondas Pules »

Oakboy wrote:
Banquo wrote:

Considering he hadn't played for 15 months I'm quite surprised you've been moaning at him going head on whilst injured.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Interesting that nobody remembers the crap form that Tuilagi was in before his latest injury!
Puja

Post by Puja »

Oakboy wrote:Interesting that nobody remembers the crap form that Tuilagi was in before his latest injury!
Do you mean the three games he had after his 18 months out with the groin injury? Or are you talking about before that when he had two games after an injury? Or are we going back to the 2014 NZ tour, which was the last opportunity that he had to have a run of games and where he was playing excellently?

When was this crap form?

Puja
Backist Monk
Epaminondas Pules

Oakboy wrote:Interesting that nobody remembers the crap form that Tuilagi was in before his latest injury!
I think that's because it only exists in your head. Any particular games?
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

Epaminondas Pules wrote:
Exeter away!
Puja

Post by Puja »

Oakboy wrote:
Epaminondas Pules wrote:
Exeter away!
Wasn't he only two/three games into a comeback for an injury at that point? And also I don't recall him playing particularly poorly, but Slade playing very well.

Puja
Backist Monk
Epaminondas Pules

Oakboy wrote:
Epaminondas Pules wrote:
Exeter away!
September 2014?? That one? That's the one where Slade shackled him well, but Tigers still won.
Which Tyler

Post by Which Tyler »

Oakboy wrote:Exeter away!
Since when does 1 game count as form?
Quite apart from the other obvious objections about injuries, and being outplayed =/= being crap.