Edinburgh 2024/25

Moderator: OptimisticJock

BaldiePete

Re: Edinburgh 2024/25

Post by BaldiePete »

So, just back home from the match. On the plus side, the forwards generally went well and won a few scrum penalties. Darcy looked as lively as ever when he got the ball (rarely) and Duhan got two tries from, I think a grand total of two passes received in the whole match. Vellacott also looked lively when he came on and made a super break to setup Scott’s try to give us the losing BP at the end. Tuipolotu was OK but he’s no Sione.

On the negative side, the lineout went to shit when Ashman came on (very worrying for Scotland). The backs are still not offering any creativity at 9/10/12/13. The kicking from both the base of the rucks and from 10 lacked precision. Comparing our quality of kicking to that of Gibson-Park was like night and day.

A final positive, we lost but got two BPs. Last year we’d have stuck on three tries and lost by more than seven points and got no BPs.

Our mid-table mediocrity is likely to continue.
septic 9

Re: Edinburgh 2024/25

Post by septic 9 »

BaldiePete wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:06 pm
Mikey Brown wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:47 pm Looks like quite a game from that scoreline.

Good to hear in Thomson. Price just seems to have lost his way since the Lions?
You’ve misunderstood, I was attempting a joke that Healy would have wanted Thomson to have a poor game and he did. Healy was no better though. It’s a real problem for Edinburgh that they can’t get a 10 who can control a match. Price is a shadow of his former self, Gibson-Park was at 9 for Leinster and he was deservedly man of the match.
Thomson sliced a punt early on but otherwise I thought was fine - created a try from nothing. Healey was just poor. Frankly with hindsight it was a monumentally poor substitution

But worst thing and what probably cost the win was having no lineout, Cherry or Ashman, no matter half a dozen lineouts lost, free possession to Leinster