Rebuilding

Moderator: Sandydragon

Son of Mathonwy

Re: Rebuilding

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Sandydragon wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:10 pm
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:13 am
Sandydragon wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:38 pm

I know. It’s like some angry deity has said “you think last season was bad, I’ll make it so much worse!”

And to make it worse, the Fail will run umpteen LRZ stories just to remind us what we have lost.
Yep, I'm looking forward to a day-by-day account of his 10 weeks of NFL training. It'll make a nice counterpoint to our 6N campaign.
I feel bad writing this, but hopefully he isn’t an instant superstar and we get him back. I know that selfish but the last time I checked NFL isn’t as screwed as we are.
Riches to the rich.

Nah, I also hope he isn't cut out for it. He'll still have a superstar life, I won't exactly feel sorry for him if he's forced to slum it as one of our top players for the next decade and a bit, while earning a fortune from his foreign club.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:47 pm
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:13 am
Yep, I'm looking forward to a day-by-day account of his 10 weeks of NFL training. It'll make a nice counterpoint to our 6N campaign.
I feel bad writing this, but hopefully he isn’t an instant superstar and we get him back. I know that selfish but the last time I checked NFL isn’t as screwed as we are.
Riches to the rich.

Nah, I also hope he isn't cut out for it. He'll still have a superstar life, I won't exactly feel sorry for him if he's forced to slum it as one of our top players for the next decade and a bit, while earning a fortune from his foreign club.
It's not remotely the same money as the NFL tho is it, he could probably command around £500K per season in rugby unless he goes to Japan which could be higher but that's peanuts to what the NFL stars are paid, I wish him all the best and don't blame him one bit for getting away from the shambles that is Welsh rugby atm.
UKHamlet
Site Admin

Post by UKHamlet »

Have we discussed Ruddock yet and how far he can fuck off?
Sandydragon

Post by Sandydragon »

UKHamlet wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 pm Have we discussed Ruddock yet and how far he can fuck off?
Pretty much, all the war back to Ireland was the consensus if I remember correctly. Capping him would have been a real step backwards.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Numbers wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:57 pm
Riches to the rich.

It's not remotely the same money as the NFL tho is it, he could probably command around £500K per season in rugby unless he goes to Japan which could be higher but that's peanuts to what the NFL stars are paid, I wish him all the best and don't blame him one bit for getting away from the shambles that is Welsh rugby atm.
That's only available if he bucks the trend and actually makes it onto a full NFL roster, and even then it won't be a massive amount higher until his second contract. If he succeeds, he gets millions upon millions, if he doesn't, then he'd've been better off taking the Euro for his contract and raking extras in sponsorship from Adidas et al.

Puja
Backist Monk
Son of Mathonwy

Riches to the rich.

I'm not saying he'll earn what he could if he really make it in NFL. Nor am I saying I he shouldn't try it if it's his dream.

I'm saying I wouldn't feel sorry for him if he's forced to return to his life as a superstar of Rugby Union.
Son of Mathonwy

Sandydragon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:43 pm
UKHamlet wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:04 pm Have we discussed Ruddock yet and how far he can fuck off?
Pretty much, all the war back to Ireland was the consensus if I remember correctly. Capping him would have been a real step backwards.
Definitely, my conservative estimate is that he can fuck off the width of the Irish Sea.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Son of Mathonwy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:58 pm
Riches to the rich.

I'm not saying he'll earn what he could if he really make it in NFL. Nor am I saying I he shouldn't try it if it's his dream.

I'm saying I wouldn't feel sorry for him if he's forced to return to his life as a superstar of Rugby Union.
I think what you are saying is that you hope he fails, tho maybe that's not what you meant to convey.
Son of Mathonwy

Numbers wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:45 am
Son of Mathonwy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:58 pm

I think what you are saying is that you hope he fails, tho maybe that's not what you meant to convey.
Yes and that is what I mean to convey, worded differently. Better for Welsh rugby if he fails, it's no catastrophe for him to have to live as a rugby union superstar etc etc.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

Fair enough, that's a bit of a shame, I wouldn't wish ill of any youngster trying to improve their lot..
Son of Mathonwy

Numbers wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:47 pm Fair enough, that's a bit of a shame, I wouldn't wish ill of any youngster trying to improve their lot..
Fair enough.
Tuco Ramirez

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Rhys Ruddock.... cheeky see you next Tuesday