France OZ

tigran

France OZ

Post by tigran »

Well that was a great game, France is gonna love this team..

So dommage Spedding lost the plot at the end with this massive overlap... And so sorry for that drop goal. In fact France finished the better team the last quarter and should have won it, in style, very encouraging seems the renaissance of a good team, potentially great..

How did that ref did not penalise that scrum at the end ? He obviously didn't want to.. Shame too.

But great game, from both teams and very encouraging stuff for us.
Adder

Re: France OZ

Post by Adder »

Hi,

I have not seen this game yet, just the highlights. What lost it for France? How good were we at Ruck time?

Things seem to be looking up from what I hear.
tigran

Re: France OZ

Post by tigran »

hi, the ruck was dominated by Oz, no surprise there with their three flankers against our 3 number 8..
And globally the first half was dominated by OZ, although we scored a magnifique try.
So the ruck and our passivity in defense, mainly in the first half lost it for us.

On the plus side :

The french scrum totally dominated and should have earned a logical penalty at the end that could have led to a victory.

What was really pleasant was the way les bleus decided to attack from anywhere, especially in the second half, and furthermore with efficient attacks, fluid, with pace and tranchantes. I've really had the feeling of the renaisance of the attacking france of old, and a feeling of the great Toulouse too.

Really I thougt they had won when there was this massive overlap 5 against one or two at the end when Spedding blew it... I don't know what has happened in his head but we clearly had the winning try there...

The fact the ref didn't want to allow that last penalty from the last scrum was also a decider of the outcome of the game, but even with that Lopez'drop could have ensured the victory.

So all in all it was very frustrating and they really could/should have won, against what appeared to me to be a very good australian side, very physical, they even scored from a maul ! Let alone from their usual fine attacking moves. And Kuridriani scored an unbeliable try too.

So very encouraging for me, and to tell you the truth, I guess that if we play like we did in the second half things might be more complicated than expected for the ABs