BBC Sports spoilers

WaspInWales

BBC Sports spoilers

Post by WaspInWales »

Anyone else noticed that the BBC Sport website seem to be going out of their way to spoil live scores of late?

They used to just have a link titled something like 'Premier League latest scores' and you'd click that to load a new page with the info but these days they seem to want to put as much info on the main page as possible, even if it means some people who may want to find out the news later may ruin their surprise just by loading the main sports page.

Case in point: Middlesbrough are currently playing Hull, it's 0-0 and Negredo has shot over.

That one isn't too bad but only due it sounding like naff all is happening in the match.

I spoke too soon, in the time it has taken me to type this, the Beeb have updated the main page to let the world know that Boro have had a goal ruled out.

A better example would be a week ago Sunday when United played West Ham and Everton played Southampton. The main sports page showed that Mourinho had been sent off, Ibrahimovic had equalised for United and Saints had scored after 41...as well as detailing the results from the day's earlier matches.

I can't be the only person out there who tries to avoid some football scores but at the same time would like to read other sports news?
Galfon

Re: BBC Sports spoilers

Post by Galfon »

I agree..not sure if it's a not-the-latest-phone syndrome, but I have given up looking for latest scores on numerous occasions, having been sent off to pages of comment & waffle.The 'latest' option seems to migrate around and not always deliver.
The Beeb news homepage also appears awash with personality/celeb. drivel on occasion and little important news such as badger culls or beer festivals.
Numbers

Post by Numbers »

So you are annoyed that you see the latest scores when you go to the BBC website?

Or is it an app related thing?
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

Numbers wrote:So you are annoyed that you see the latest scores when you go to the BBC website?

Or is it an app related thing?
Not just the latest scores but news and talking points are put at the top of the main sports page. Like I mentioned above, the Beeb used to just provide a link to go to the latest scores and news, that way, if you wanted to check out other sports news, you could do so without ruining scores and results you may want to catch up on later.

At the moment, United are playing Spurs and the main page shows the score and scorer, before United scored, they showed that Lloris denied Pogba and Boro go close against Saints. This is all on the main page which kinda ruins it for someone who wants to catch up with the action on motd.

Contrastingly, on Sky Sports website, they just have a link titled:
Man Utd v Tottenham LIVE!

Updates and in-game highlights as Man United host Tottenham in the Premier League.

No spoiler info there if you visit the site and want to check out other sports news.
Galfon

Post by Galfon »

...the listening beeb speaks:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38253611
WaspInWales

Post by WaspInWales »

WiW 1 - Rest of the World 0

Back of the net!