Dead can dance.........again for MB

paddy no 11

Dead can dance.........again for MB

Post by paddy no 11 »

There touring next year MB!!!!!

Is there any album to compare to their first?

If not what's next best?

I'm toying with the idea of seeing them in Berlin or Budapest
Mikey Brown

Re: Dead can dance.........again for MB

Post by Mikey Brown »

paddy no 11 wrote:There touring next year MB!!!!!

Is there any album to compare to their first?

If not what's next best?

I'm toying with the idea of seeing them in Berlin or Budapest
Shit. Totally missed this. I never think to open this bit of the forum, sorry.

I am so insanely out of the loop with current releases. This has totally passed me by and need to give the new album a listen.

If it's not too late I would definitely recommend seeing them. I was just stunned at how well her voice held up (to what I had hoped) when I saw them a couple of years back. All the crazy percussion and weird instrumentation is fascinating (to me) to see integrated into a live show.

I couldn't comment on the new album yet, but I'll say the (then new) one they were touring at the time fully grabbed me after seeing them live, which the CD didn't.

I can't actually recall when we spoke about them before or what you've heard but in terms of listening of their old stuff; Within the realms of a dying sun, The serpent's egg, Aion are great. 'A passage in time' is a compilation basically of those first 4, so might be worth checking out, but the live album 'Toward the within' is a pretty solid 'best of', and I'll be honest they do have a lot of nonsense amongst all the amazing stuff.
paddy no 11

Re: Dead can dance.........again for MB

Post by paddy no 11 »

Cheers, will be soundtrack to my driving this weekend