Who's kicking for you on Friday?

Puja

Who's kicking for you on Friday?

Post by Puja »

Will it be Parra or Lopez, do you think? Trying to pick my fantasy rugby team.

Puja
Backist Monk
francoisfou

Re: Who's kicking for you on Friday?

Post by francoisfou »

Probably Parra.
Mellsblue

Post by Mellsblue »

Looks like it was neither of them.
Digby

Post by Digby »

Harsh on Parra to drop him after missing that wide conversion
Puja

Post by Puja »

I did think I would've been really pissed off if I were him. The first one was a bad miss, but the second two were wide out conversions. Then they get a penalty 10m out, right in front of the posts, and suddenly Lopez is taking the ball out of his hands.

Puja
Backist Monk
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

Parra's never been one of my favourite players and I certainly wouldn't have picked him for yesterday's match.
Dupont would have been my choice (maybe he has a slight injury worry?) with Machenaud as replacement scrum half.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

If I was iturria and picamoles I'd box huget, Parra, Lopez and Vahamaiina and wilemse out of the dressing room and tell them not to come back

(Vah might need a lot of boxing)

Seriously one 2nd row should be dropped out of squad and huget
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

paddy no 11 wrote:If I was iturria and picamoles I'd box huget, Parra, Lopez and Vahamaiina and wilemse out of the dressing room and tell them not to come back

I wouldn't shed any tears if Huget were to be axed. He has a history of being petulant and feigning injury. Thomas of Racing could be brought in (if fit) to replace him. Vahaamahina will probably keep his place, despite that wild pass that lost them the game, and that fat Saffa Willemse should be remembered as a one-cap-wonder, and forgotten.

Parra's another who I'd not be sorry to see go and replaced by Dupont of Toulouse or Racing's Machenaud (who's a class goal-kicker).
As for Lopez, I think he's a fine player who had an off day against Wales. However, there's a young fly half from Toulon, Louis Carbonel, who was in the same U20 World Cup winning team as centre Romain Ntamack and prop Demba Bamba (both of whom played against Wales), who is an exciting prospect.
normanski

Post by normanski »

francoisfou wrote:
paddy no 11 wrote:If I was iturria and picamoles I'd box huget, Parra, Lopez and Vahamaiina and wilemse out of the dressing room and tell them not to come back

I wouldn't shed any tears if Huget were to be axed. He has a history of being petulant and feigning injury. Thomas of Racing could be brought in (if fit) to replace him. Vahaamahina will probably keep his place, despite that wild pass that lost them the game, and that fat Saffa Willemse should be remembered as a one-cap-wonder, and forgotten.

Parra's another who I'd not be sorry to see go and replaced by Dupont of Toulouse or Racing's Machenaud (who's a class goal-kicker).
As for Lopez, I think he's a fine player who had an off day against Wales. However, there's a young fly half from Toulon, Louis Carbonel, who was in the same U20 World Cup winning team as centre Romain Ntamack and prop Demba Bamba (both of whom played against Wales), who is an exciting prospect.
Do you think France can regain their composure for the England game?

There were certainly flashes of brilliance from Les Bleus to suggest a few changes and a little luck could turn France into a very competitive side.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Ye need to find a califano style prop who actually wins pens rather than just massive props, bamba is huge but he got turned over because he couldn't present the ball properly at one breakdown

Lambey in
Change at scrum half
Thomas in
How's the sub hooker looked a nasty injury and looked good when introduced
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

paddy no 11 wrote:Ye need to find a califano style prop who actually wins pens rather than just massive props, bamba is huge but he got turned over because he couldn't present the ball properly at one breakdown

Lambey in
Change at scrum half
Thomas in
How's the sub hooker looked a nasty injury and looked good when introduced
A Califano clone would be perfect! Agree with those changes. The hooker Marchand will be out for the season with an injury similar to Itoje’s, I believe.
francoisfou

Post by francoisfou »

[quote="normanski"[/quote]
Do you think France can regain their composure for the England game?

There were certainly flashes of brilliance from Les Bleus to suggest a few changes and a little luck could turn France into a very competitive side.[/quote]
Of course they could, and England will need to be very vigilant of that possibility.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

That's a team that can compete......for 50 mins

Fuckxng huget
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Ye are lucky I didn't actually get to see this game

Parra has had a go at the coach, one of them will have to go...............(and huget, was he gash?)
Digby

Post by Digby »

Huget was awful but he was often left to cover the backfield by himself, and that's a problem. Given England didn’t need to pass down the line and could just kick into space at least drop one winger to make it a back 2

Parra was bad too, and wasn't really doing anything on the rare occasions he wasn't being bad. Some of the other 9s could surely take on a more active role even being up in the line if needed
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Good win, if ye continue to make personnel improvements ye can beat Ireland

Huget out, is teddy fit? willemse and Basta should be on the chopping block too

Id have Mac over serin
morepork

Post by morepork »

Italy should be shot. They have absolutely fluffed a victory begging to be taken from a comically poor French side. Ridiculous.
Mr Mwenda

Post by Mr Mwenda »

morepork wrote:Italy should be shot. They have absolutely fluffed a victory begging to be taken from a comically poor French side. Ridiculous.
:cry: they talk about the need for sports psychologists on the scottish board. I guess the damage is beyond repair for the italians.
gransoporro

Post by gransoporro »

morepork wrote:Italy should be shot. They have absolutely fluffed a victory begging to be taken from a comically poor French side. Ridiculous.
I am against putting them to the wall, but not against some public flogging. We should have won.
morepork

Post by morepork »

No shit. Missing penalties and conversions, getting the ball knocked out of your hands diving over the line and stuff are schoolboy errors. So frustrating. Tell your halfback I dig him, but he isn't actually a flanker.
Stom

Post by Stom »

I thought Parisse was pretty terrible, tbh... You'd be better off without him.
gransoporro

Post by gransoporro »

Stom wrote:I thought Parisse was pretty terrible, tbh... You'd be better off without him.
As a captain, yes. As a number 8, possibly yes but I am far from convinced. As a lineout option definitely not.

Yesterday he gave a good performance in my books. Way below his standards of just 3 years ago, but still good. He doesn't make the difference anymore outside the lineout.

Farewell, captain.
paddy no 11

Post by paddy no 11 »

Agree with gransporro, also it's hard to take much from a player whose major failing is trying too hard
morepork

Post by morepork »

paddy no 11 wrote:Agree with gransporro, also it's hard to take much from a player whose major failing is trying too hard
Yeah, good call.