Really?

Donny osmond

Really?

Post by Donny osmond »

I realise a 44 year old man shouldn't be posting things like this, but I need you to settle an argument between me and my daughter.

Who is a better super hero, Superman or Captain Marvel?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Lizard

Re: Really?

Post by Lizard »

Superman. Obvs.
cashead

Post by cashead »

Which Captain Marvel? The current Carol Danvers incarnation?

Superman is the classic, and has had far more classic stories written about him, and has been handled by great writers past and present like Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns and Gail Simone. He's also the nominal "main character" of DC, which can not be said about Captain Marvel.

That said, Danvers, especially the film version, does appear to resonate a lot more with girls, and her one film is generally better than the nominal "Superman" films - nor is it tainted by any associations like Superman Returns is (Bryan Singer? AND Kevin Spacey? Yeah, that's a "yikes" from me).
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
zer0

Post by zer0 »

Batman.
cashead

Post by cashead »

zer0 wrote:Batman.
Which Batman?

OG Bruce Wayne? Jean-Paul Valley during the Knightfall arc? Dick Grayson during Bruce Wayne's "death" at the hands of Darkseid, when Grant Morrison was writing the character? Damian Wayne as the Dystopian future Batman? Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond? Jason Todd or Tim Drake during the Battle for the Cowl storyline? Owlman/Thomas Wayne, jr? Lego Batman? The various international versions of Batman from Batman Incorporated? Batman of Zur-En-Arrh?
I'm a god
How can you kill a god?
Shame on you, sweet Nerevar
zer0

Post by zer0 »

Adam West Batman, obviously.

EDIT: Failing that, any Batman that contains the dynamic duo of Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill.
Puja

Post by Puja »

Better as in being a stronger or more capable superhero, or better as in a more interesting fictional character?

Puja
Backist Monk
Donny osmond

Post by Donny osmond »

We, me and her, were talking about modern incarnations of super-folk. And we were talking about best as in most useful in the various modern versions of their films.

Both my girls loved Captain Marvel, the hero - they weren't too impressed with the film, and both were pretty disgusted at how badly used she was in Avengers Endgame.

We watched Justice League after getting thru all the avengers movies and they both loved Wonder Woman too but the discussion came up when it was only Superman who could deal with Steppenwolf.

I argued Superman was a better superhero than CM simply because he makes more of a difference in the film, but I hadnt realised just how many powers CM has. Was that character a copy of the Superman character?

Puja

Post by Puja »

Donny osmond wrote:We, me and her, were talking about modern incarnations of super-folk. And we were talking about best as in most useful in the various modern versions of their films.

Both my girls loved Captain Marvel, the hero - they weren't too impressed with the film, and both were pretty disgusted at how badly used she was in Avengers Endgame.

We watched Justice League after getting thru all the avengers movies and they both loved Wonder Woman too but the discussion came up when it was only Superman who could deal with Steppenwolf.

I argued Superman was a better superhero than CM simply because he makes more of a difference in the film, but I hadnt realised just how many powers CM has. Was that character a copy of the Superman character?

I offer this opinion without being a comics reader, so do take it with a pinch of salt, but I'd agree with your girls - both are nigh invincible, can fly, destroy things at range, move very fast, but Superman has a massive weakness in kryptonite (and being kinda dull).

Puja
Backist Monk
bruce

Post by bruce »

Puja wrote:
Donny osmond wrote:We, me and her, were talking about modern incarnations of super-folk. And we were talking about best as in most useful in the various modern versions of their films.

I offer this opinion without being a comics reader, so do take it with a pinch of salt, but I'd agree with your girls - both are nigh invincible, can fly, destroy things at range, move very fast, but Superman has a massive weakness in kryptonite (and being kinda dull).

Puja
and horses..