Dan Robson

Moderator: Puja

padprop

Dan Robson

Post by padprop »

Far and away the best scrum half in England at the moment. His service is some of the best I have seen in a long time, and as a support runner and attacking threat he is right at the top.

The only well-rounded option we've got, with question marks still have Youngs service, Care's kicking and decision making and Simpson's kicking.
Oakboy

Re: Dan Robson

Post by Oakboy »

Anybody heard how he is?
fivepointer

Post by fivepointer »

Concussion. Will have to go through the testing before he can play again.

Should be fine for the trip to Australia where he really must be in June.
Oakboy

Post by Oakboy »

fivepointer wrote:Concussion. Will have to go through the testing before he can play again.

Yes, he has to go. I'd have Simpson as well but I doubt Wasps would agree.
Tom Moore

Post by Tom Moore »

Oakboy wrote:
fivepointer wrote:Concussion. Will have to go through the testing before he can play again.

If it's post season I don't see it being as big a problem. In season EPS with both of them might be an issue.
Nightynight

Post by Nightynight »

Tom Moore wrote:
Oakboy wrote:

If it's post season I don't see it being as big a problem. In season EPS with both of them might be an issue.
I can't see Robson or Simpson staying at the same club beyond their current contracts, one will move on if he doesn't get enough starts. Would have thought both have had offers, considering the talents they've got and the current 9's at other clubs, even ones who've made the EPS
Digby

Post by Digby »

I've been in favour of selecting Robson for England for a long time, but it would be worth noting there was some dithering yesterday once his team were slowed up and struggling to secure ball which gets rather more complaint directed at those who've already shown they struggle when that happens at the higher level of test rugby. And it's not the first time Robson has dithered this season, I'm still in favour of picking him for 20 games or so but he's a small improvement perhaps rather than a grand step forwards for England.
Peej

Post by Peej »

Think Robson has been a step up for Wasps, even surpassing the standard set by Simpson. Think his kicking fame is better too. Really pleasing given that his initial appearances were decidedly iffy!
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

I saw this thread and just had to click. Despite Eddie stating that his personal highlight of the last 6 Nations was the selflessness of Care and Youngs it's time we looked beyond two capable but flawed 9's and sought to embrace an eminently capable and arguably less flawed fella in Robson.

Disclaimer on grammar/other - slightly merry.