Nationalities shouldn’t mix…

Stom

Nationalities shouldn’t mix…

Post by Stom »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... pe-hungary

The end of the Victator? Or the start of Belarus v2?

Tbh, things have got out of control here.

Wages are stagnant, turns out that junior wages in Romania are almost double those in Hungary now.

And the government has increased utilities, going up from about £75 a month on gas for us to £250… we can cope, but those on the poverty wages I mentioned before?

And to add insult, the self employed are no longer able to invoice companies, only individuals… which at a stroke kills off something like 70% of all self employed work.

And being here in Transylvania, where 80% of the Hungarian population could not survive without Fidesz- they employ them or support them through grants in order to buy their votes- and because these people don’t have to deal with the consequences of their rule, they’re mainly ardent supporters. And those who aren’t are conflicted. A politologist friend is like me, hates everything the alt-right and rude fascism stands for, but his wages are paid by the Hungarian government. And he couldn’t do the job he loves without their support…

The Victator also wants to be king. He’s reintroduced titles from the dark ages for servants. So now he’s going to have servants looking after him.

Insanity.
Son of Mathonwy

Re: Nationalities shouldn’t mix…

Post by Son of Mathonwy »

Stom wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... pe-hungary

Wages are stagnant, turns out that junior wages in Romania are almost double those in Hungary now.

And the government has increased utilities, going up from about £75 a month on gas for us to £250… we can cope, but those on the poverty wages I mentioned before?

And to add insult, the self employed are no longer able to invoice companies, only individuals… which at a stroke kills off something like 70% of all self employed work.

And being here in Transylvania, where 80% of the Hungarian population could not survive without Fidesz- they employ them or support them through grants in order to buy their votes- and because these people don’t have to deal with the consequences of their rule, they’re mainly ardent supporters. And those who aren’t are conflicted. A politologist friend is like me, hates everything the alt-right and rude fascism stands for, but his wages are paid by the Hungarian government. And he couldn’t do the job he loves without their support…

The Victator also wants to be king. He’s reintroduced titles from the dark ages for servants. So now he’s going to have servants looking after him.

Insanity.
He must think racism is popular. Hope he's wrong.
Stom

Re: Nationalities shouldn’t mix…

Post by Stom »

Son of Mathonwy wrote:
Stom wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... pe-hungary

Insanity.
He must think racism is popular. Hope he's wrong.
I wouldn’t bank on the Hungarian people standing up for any principle. They struggle to stand up for their own self interest, ffs